Sign in to follow this  
CorradoWannabe

Replace 2 broken door handles? That will be

£280 for x2 door handles replaced plus new locks and some adjustment or something to allow the old key to work on these locks - thankfully my dad paid - but what a joke of a price! It was from a dealer of course - wont be going there again.

Also to add insult to injury they fixed the doors - but now my electric mirrors dont work! I took the car anyway - i think the switch is just not reconnected - i'll have a tinker myself :?

Mat i agree - i just told my dad about the handles hoping he'd order some - but he booked it in there instead

There's a palce near where i live in Dagenham on your list of recommended garages - definately going to go there from now on! :|

If you look in the forsale section there are some forsale for £30 & they are delocked. 5 minutes to fit both. They are 2nd hand, but you can still get new handles £45 each.

Dam that's an expensive mistake! :shock:

Lesson No.1 - Problem with car - consult forum (no matter how silly it might seem)

Yeh - the issue Dan was just i had both handles go around the same time and i wanted a quick fix so i could get back to using the car rather than wait for them to be delivered etc - also my central locking isnt remote so id still need the locks - i did consult this great forum and i was pointed towards a place in Luton by Dr Mat - but i wasnt able to get there from their 9-5:30 times etc - next time im definately going to have a go myself! :wink:

I'd have just left the car off the road for the day or two - that would have saved you nearly £200...

Crazy VW prices!

Yay, lets all hear it for Dads. :D :D :D :D

By the way CorradoWannabe, would your Dad be up for sponsoring my new clutch & maybe a few timing chain bits? :lol:

Well you can get handles for around £60 each from GPC, I think.

So that's basically £160 labour to replace two door handles! Ouch.

Did they tell you to sit down, or bend over?