Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Might get an option on a standard red VR6 with leather...

Ok just had an email from her. M reg, she is 3rd owner, had it since 40k and is going to be on 100k by the time she wants to sell it around December. She asked me to point her in the direction of a reputable garage to give it a thorough service and MOT before she sells it so of course I gave her Vince's number, as she is only up in Northampton - so hopefully any big problems would be highlighted before then by him.

Service history isn't complete, but she says she has kept it regularly serviced in the time she has owned it. Interior supposed to be quite clean, exterior not as good thanks to parking it in train station car parks for the past few years.. but apparently its nothing that a few touch ups in a body shop won't cure.

The other thing was that after overheating one day it needed the headgasket doing.

I've offered to have a look at it for her the next time she is near Coventry to give her an unbiased ("sell it to me for £2,000 - thats all its worth, honest!") opinion on its value. Still sounds interesting I spose.

The other thing was that after overheating one day it needed the headgasket doing.

Scary :shock: who did the work and to what standard.

I always find its difficult to know what you want until you've actually lived with the car for a period of time, rather than just taking it out for a test drive. I love my G60 and don't think i'd change it easily... I love having that low down torque for effortless accelleration. Other cars I driven that I thought I'd like to own after driving them only once or twice, I've realised would actually be very tiring to drive as an everyday car - (my flatmates 306 Rallye, gutless under 4000rpm! but quick after then)

Anyway if you do go for this option you shouldn't have any trouble selling your G60 to someone on here! :wink:

Scary :shock: who did the work and to what standard.

Yeah that did make me worry a bit. Will be interested to see if there is any reciepts for that, or would like to hear what Vince makes of it.

I've talked to her a bit more and I think (on my reccomendation) she's gonna basically drop it off at Stealth for a week and let them check it over and service it - and she said that when its with Stealth, i'm more than welcome to go by and check the car out and see what I think about it.

Traitor is what I say, leaving the G60 camp for a VR6 :lol:

Seriously, if you're not attached to your current G60, and she's already putting some effort into selling her VR6 (i.e. willing to bring it up to Stealth etc.), you might just be onto a winner. Don't forget the timing chain, but then again Vince would advise on that.

A little easier on the ear lobes

Plug back in that snorkel, mate :D

Otherwise, yup, you old man, so much talk of refined blabla. Well, I suppose that's exactly what I use my US-G60 for, compared to my 2 fun cars, the 2 Roccos, it's pure refinement with all the US gadgets on board as well.

Good luck with your decision.

Tempest

Traitor is what I say, leaving the G60 camp for a VR6

Yeah, I'm not going to speak to him anymore... :lol:

Hey - at least I can say i've BEEN in the G60 camp and thoroughly enjoyed myself in the time that I was. At least I didnt go straight to VR6 ownership and proclaim it to be the best thing since sliced bread without even owning a G60 :)

But seriously - who knows where this will go. The VR6 might be a total bomb. She might want more than I think is a sensible price. It might need more work doing on it than I want to think about. There are so many possibilities at this stage, but as I said I just thought i'd lob a post on here to tell you guys as it would be a bit of a conversation stimulator. Sure did that pretty good :D

no harm looking it over jim.............and i'm sure as vince will kinda know you from RR days etc that he'll be able to advise if its worth coming out of your G60 for......one things for sure i can't see you having problems selling the G60 as its known as a good'un

Hey - at least I can say i've BEEN in the G60 camp and thoroughly enjoyed myself in the time that I was. At least I didnt go straight to VR6 ownership and proclaim it to be the best thing since sliced bread without even owning a G60 :)

And those G60's really are camp... I mean there is a hair drier under the bonnet... :lol: Ok ok I'll stop now.

Seriously though, I've got nothing against them, they're a pretty cool setup and certainly have a much bigger X factor than the VRs. I just like baiting ;)

as it would be a bit of a conversation stimulator. Sure did that pretty good

Erm, you could have chosen a different topic, as this one gets the emotions flying pretty high.

VR6 ownership and proclaim it to be the best thing since sliced bread

It isn't :lol:

Tempest

Seriously though, I've got nothing against them, they're a pretty cool setup and certainly have a much bigger X factor than the VRs. I just like baiting

Classic quotes from Donkus after I opnened my bonnet on Saturday...

'So where's the engine?' and 'You can see the ground under there!'

Seriously though, I've got nothing against them, they're a pretty cool setup and certainly have a much bigger X factor than the VRs. I just like baiting

Classic quotes from Donkus after I opnened my bonnet on Saturday...

'So where's the engine?' and 'You can see the ground under there!'

I was gonna say 'oh so this is the hair drier right?' but the look on your face at that point made me think it wouldn't have been too appreciated.

It looks much more complicated under there with all them hoses and stuff than the VR does tho.

It looks much more complicated under there with all them hoses and stuff than the VR does tho.

Pah, chuck in a few US-spec toys (airco etc.) and now it really looks crowded under the bonnet, where is the ground? :lol:

Tempest

Pah, chuck in a few US-spec toys (airco etc.) and now it really looks crowded under the bonnet, where is the ground? :lol:

Tempest

Yeah I've got aircon on my VR as well as the mahusive 7L washer tank. You seriously can't see the ground through there!