Sign in to follow this  
marcus

G11 coolant obsolete TRUE OR FALSE??

I went to my local vw dealer today for G11 coolant only to be told they have stopped producing it and only G12+ can be brought now?

Should i have seen pigs flying round the parts department?

nope, G11 HAS been dis-continued and replaced with G12+...

G12 should also now have been dis-continued now and should also be replaced with G12+ 8)

G12+ can be mixed safely with either G11 or G12 coolants, but G12 CANNOT be mixed with G11 as it will form a jelly type gunk in your coolant areas in the block and stop the engine from cooling properly...

This is part of the reason they've replaced 'em BOTH with G12+... 8)

8) Speaking of which, I'm off to GSF to go and buy some now so I can get my car running again tonight! :lol: 8)

Most importantly G12+ is a fetching shade of neon pink for the extra bit of under-bonnet bling :lol: 8)

But doesnt PINK distract from the beastly and manly image of the vr......although i suppose you have no choice.. :D

No one can see under the bonnet when you are annhilating them on the open road though can they ;)

And hey - if cars like the Audi RS6 and new Bentley are 'comfortable enough with themselves' to use pink G12+ then I am sure its ok for the Corrado to :)

Hey! I've stated before elsewhere on here that my car's definitely female (with a severe attitude problem) anyway... The pink coolant's just the little bit of effeminate frill that people wouldn't normally see! ;) :lol:

Hey! I've stated before elsewhere on here that my car's definitely female (with a severe attitude problem) anyway... The pink coolant's just the little bit of effeminate frill that people wouldn't normally see! ;) :lol:

Yup, definitely female. Nothing else wants or needs hundreds of pounds a week to keep it/them happy :roll:

You tell that to a girl and she says "well why don't you spend hundreds a week on me?!" thus further proving that the Corrado is indeed female.

yep they are definately female

cost a fortune to maintain, other blokes allways stare at them, can make annoying noises if loads of money isnt spent on them, georgeous to look at, and after a good screwing (around a track) they make you weak at the knees :lol:

yep they are definately female

cost a fortune to maintain, other blokes allways stare at them, can make annoying noises if loads of money isnt spent on them, georgeous to look at, and after a good screwing (around a track) they make you weak at the knees :lol:

:lol:

I have to say the g12+ is wondervar as the Germans would say, £2.50 cheaper at German and Swedish as well..

Dont try drinking it though girls its not pink champagne