daves16v

Door handle repair kit..........THEY ARE NOW AVAILABLE

Hi Dave

Driver's side door handle has failed again (after only 10 years). Can you send me a repair kit please.

PM sent for payment details.

Cheers,

Rob

PM sent.

Door handle now fixed. It's an impressively solid replacement for the original part, it should last longer than the car!

To anyone doing it for the first time as I was, I'd recommend taking off the doorcard and unplugging and pulling out the cable that goes to the handle (having taken careful note of where it runs in relation to the window mechanism and internal release rod), as I was becoming uncomfortably aware how easy it would be to stab the cable/my hand/the car door when lifting the strong spring. After lifting the spring, inserting a broader screwdriver at right angles to the thin one jammed the spring out of the way to continue the operation. The screw provided wouldn't go into the roll pin but luckily I had an early type handle and could push the pin out from the back.

It took about an hour and a half but a good part of that was spent fiddling with the door card and once you've done one I reckon it could be done in less than half the time, or even less if you're brave enough to try doing it without releasing the cable.

Hi Dave looks like I have fallen victim to the drivers side door handle going. knew it was on its way out as it was becoming very difficult to open, really hvaing to tug it to get it to open. COuld you send me details on the repair kit?

Thanks Simon

Hi Dave looks like I have fallen victim to the drivers side door handle going. knew it was on its way out as it was becoming very difficult to open, really hvaing to tug it to get it to open. COuld you send me details on the repair kit?

Thanks Simon

Simon, PM sent.

Hi Dave,

I know a non-Forum Corrado owner who needs his drivers side handle fixed. Can you PM me the info so I can pass it on.

Thanks,

Shaun.

Hi Dave,

I know a non-Forum Corrado owner who needs his drivers side handle fixed. Can you PM me the info so I can pass it on.

Thanks,

Shaun.

PM sent.

Hi,

After having read through these threads it seems that this kit will do for fixing the handle on my corrado.

The door will open from the inside but not from the outside although the handle itself will pull in and out the door just won't open.

Please could you send me the details.

hi same thing has happened to my passenger door handle could you pm me the info on repair kit for both handles, might as well get them done at the same time.

hi same thing has happened to my passenger door handle could you pm me the info on repair kit for both handles, might as well get them done at the same time.

PM sent.

---------- Post added at 8:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:04 PM ----------

Dave, my drivers side handle is stiff , will the kit rectify this?

Not necessarily, it may just need a good lubrication. Best thing to do is remove the screw just inside the door, just beware the driver side is sometimes a left hand thread. You can then get to the handles inner workings.

Are these repair kits still available? If so please contact me by e-mail with details.

Couldn't find an email address for you in your profile so sent you a PM.

dave what are the signs that a door handle needs / going to need one of you repair kits ? my drivers side is getting slack / requiring less resistance to pull the handle compared to the passenger side. is it showing signs of requiring a repair kit ? not had the handle off to inspect recently.

dave what are the signs that a door handle needs / going to need one of you repair kits ? my drivers side is getting slack / requiring less resistance to pull the handle compared to the passenger side. is it showing signs of requiring a repair kit ? not had the handle off to inspect recently.

Apart from it not working at all, when you pull the handle it will operate the internal mechanism later, so instead of the handle moving say 5mm before you feel resistance, it maybe be 10mm or more if that makes sense. Basically the striker is partly broken and is bending/stretching. Only a matter of time before it breaks.

Apart from it not working at all, when you pull the handle it will operate the internal mechanism later, so instead of the handle moving say 5mm before you feel resistance, it maybe be 10mm or more if that makes sense. Basically the striker is partly broken and is bending/stretching. Only a matter of time before it breaks.

cheers for the prompt reply.... yup makes sense... will inspect in the morning.... I get the feeling i need a repair kit :)

Hi Dave, my drivers door handle went the other week, and just found this thread, hoping you still have the kits, how do I go about getting one if you do?

Hi Dave, my drivers door handle went the other week, and just found this thread, hoping you still have the kits, how do I go about getting one if you do?

PM sent

Someone has sent me a door handle for repair and I can't think for the life of me who it is.

Don't know your forum name but your name on the parcel is L Ward. Can you either reply here or drop me a PM.

Apologies if I've you've contacted me recently, I've been rushed off my feet with various things on the forum and at home.

Thanks

I believe I've been a victim :( pull the handle it moves but no opening...... Drivers side

PM sent.

hello dave, am in need of 2 of ur repair kits, 1 for the paasenger door n one for the drivers door!

how much is it for 2 + delivery?

cheers

Hello Dave, guessing I need one of these kits for my drivers side as the handle comes away from the door sometimes when you try to open the door, have to push down with my thumb on the handle whilst pulling the opening handle, if you could PM details I'll sort it out

Hello Dave, guessing I need one of these kits for my drivers side as the handle comes away from the door sometimes when you try to open the door, have to push down with my thumb on the handle whilst pulling the opening handle, if you could PM details I'll sort it out

Sounds like your handle securing screw could be missing, hence the reason for the handle coming away. The screw is located at the end of the door, check this first. If the door will open when you pull the handle then the striker hasn't broken.