Sign in to follow this  
exturbo2003

AA MEMBERSHIP

now im sure some will slag me off for it, but i have recently becombe an AA patrol.

Now i would love to offer everyone on here discount if they took out membership with me, but as i dont get discount, i cant :evil:

what i can do tho is make this offer

phone up the membership line on 0800 085 2721 and ask to take out membership, qoute ref no 64607 ( thats me ) 8)

and then i will get commission on your sale. then PM me your name, address and your membership no they give you on the phone and when the commission comes through i will split it with you. this will vary from £5 - £10. i know its not a lot but as tesco proudly say, EVERY LITTLE HELPS. :lol:

this is worth me doing as i will look good on paper as its members that make the company so i hope this helps :wink:

Balls.. I wish you'd have done this earlier as I just signed up with the AA about a month ago!! :) :)

Ah well :(

Sorry - probably phrased that wrong. I just meant it was a bit of unfortunate timing.. well if my C ever breaks down in your area of the country, hopefully you'll be the bloke to fix it or tow it :D :)

How much is the membership?

I was considering this and if I sign up you can keep the full commision. Would this cover motorbikes as well?

Gutted.. I've just renewed too...

But to be fair to the AA I did get my moneys worth.....4 callouts on my Corrado (2 on the same day for the same fault that reoccurred 4 hours later when the 'fix' failed... hasn't failed since though) and 1 on someone elses C when I stupidly shut his door whilst the engine was running without realising the doors were locked... doh!!

and on my 18 year old GTi? not failed me once!

German ADAC is what I say, 70 Euros for pan-EU cover, beat that.

Good point - would the AA cover me in the unlikely event that I breakdown on the way to LeMans next year ??

would the AA cover me in the unlikely event that I breakdown on the way to LeMans next year

I had a brief look at all the UK insurers a few years back, and pretty much all of them at their most basci/entry level support only provide UK support. You'd have to pay extra for pan-EU support, can be up to £110 / year, and then that's still only for up to 3 months per year or something (unless that's all changed in the meantime). That's when I decided to join the ADAC instead. I already had to call them out once when the exhaust fell off my Polo (erm, yes ...), and they simply sent in the AA with whom they have partnership deals. Didn't cost me anything.

The ADAC price includes things like homecover, tow-to-home or even hotel costs (mate of mine once made use of that whilst travelling though France, again he's German but lives in the UK) etc. all of which costs extra on most UK companies.

Tempest

now im sure some will slag me off for it, but i have recently becombe an AA patrol.

LOL handy that, driving a Corrado AND an AA van. The perfect combination, some might say.. :)

LOL handy that, driving a Corrado AND an AA van. The perfect combination, some might say..

lol, you just need to pay someone to follow you about then...