Sign in to follow this  
julesz

Heated mirrors

Hi all. I have aproblem in that my heated mirrors dont work. Im guessing its the elements. Just wondering. Ive seen some stuff in Halfords, its a little bottle of electrically conductive paint which is used for fixing rear windscreen heating elements. I can imagine it being very ugly on a rear windscreen, but on a mirror it cant be seen. Do you think this will work? How do you get the glass off?

won't work- sorry,

Best thing to do is lever out the mirrors (taking great care not to scratch anything obviously) what normally happens is the terrminals between the mirror and the wiring will be in a terrible state. Disconnect the wires taking great care not to pull/ break the contacts which stick out of the mirror (trust me- I know :( )- Clean them up and hopefully you should be laughin :D

You could always test the continuity across the terminals of the mirror to check the elements not broken- If they are you have no chance of getting to the element :(