Sign in to follow this  
Blue_Joe

Help Needed

Can anyone help me.

I'm embarking on a project to build a boot install. I've bought all what I want to put in but am still struggling to design a great looking boot install. I am more than capable of actually building it but the design stage is proving harder than I was hoping.

I am putting in 2x Infinity Perfect 12's powered by a JBL 601.1 Mono block. Then have a JBL PX300.4 Amp powering my components around the car but these aren't in the main boot space so not need to be thought about (5.25 MB Quart in front and Infinity 6x4 in parcel shelf supports)

I also have a 2.4 Farad Power Cap, 0 Gauge Power and Earth Cables Ditribution Block etc.

Is anyone out there a stereo installer or have experiance that can help me design this install in a bit of a hurry. All help would be greatly appreciated!

Good luck, im currently building my boot and its not easy squeezing a lot of equipment into a realtively small boot although it is slightly bigger then i had expected. Getting 2x12's in will be difficult, i've got one 15" goin and thats proving to be quite difficult.

take the 12s - fibreglass sub boxes on each side of the boot moulded in. subs facing each other across the boot.

amp in a wedge rack along the back of the seats.

its not very original but will look the part.

alternatively mount the amp(s) flat on the floor with a false floor covering.

Won't subs cancel eachother out if facing eachother? I'd point them at a slight angle personally, or run one out of phase and the other in phase.

should be grand that far apart. running them out of phase would be worse wouldnt it cos the air would just shift side to side in the boot rather than be shoved into the cabin

I run my sub out of phase. You have to in some cars, just depends what the response curve is on the RTA. Most decent HUs come with Sub REV/NOR and the difference can be quite profound. I would never run a sub out of phase in a domestic setup, or use an equaliser, but you have to in a car..... especially on the move!

ah yes your sub - thats a different story. in that case its a question of which sounds better imo. but with 2 subs the HU switch will set them both out of phase (so still in phase with each other).

If going down this route then some experimentation is on the cards to see what works best.

Connecting positive to negative from the amp to the sub and vice versa.

My HU has a the ability to reverse the phase, cant say that i notice much difference when i do reverse it tho. So i just keep it on normal.

Kev, what differences have you experienced? think im gonna have to see what my response curve is like on a rta.