Sign in to follow this  
underl_ne

auto or not auto

Hello rado people

after a bit of advice as per usual :?

Thinking of buying a VR6 automatic. It's done 70k, has been garaged for a year and

sounds in good nick. Can anyone tell me the pro's and cons of an automatic Corrado and

what to look out for if I go and see it please.

I do lots/most of my driving in London every day and figured it makes sense to think about auto although I realise it won't be as fast, still an upgrade from the valver.

The other option is a cheaper G60 to work on >>

cheers barney

it would be a good buy. especially at the right price. the engine should be sweet.

you could always convert it to manual later.

Stear clear Blue. The VR6 is superb but the old Passat 4speed auto box lets it down bigtime. (I should know)

That auto box is now very "old Skool" and does not do the VR justice. It is very much a stop and go tool.

Now that I am akin to Tip-tronic I could never face the old way of life. Heavy on the pocket, heavy on breaks and iffey in the wet. You gotta floor the VR auto box for kick down to get any smiles, but brown pants when its wetish. :lol:

Anyway, thats my 2p around again but if your after performance a VR6 stick box. youll find it hard to beat. But if you are mind-set on a VR-auto, and if it was me, I would be looking to do a radical Audi tip-auto transplant.

Good Luck :wink:

I am converting an auto to manual. In the course of advertising the bits that are left over I have learnt alot about the woes of this box.

To put it simply STEER WELL CLEAR OF A FECKIN Auto Rado :mad: . The box is shite, an old skool sloppy auto drive and very un-reliable. Its so expensive to put right its not fair and diagnosis is difficult. They last between 80-100K miles before the issues start. The one for sale in Slough was on for ages before this trader bought it.

Rant Over.

To put it simply STEER WELL CLEAR OF A FECKIN Auto Rado :mad: . The box is shite, an old skool sloppy auto drive and very un-reliable.

Rant Over.

Say what you mean there Blue.

Took the words right out of my mouth. :lol: in a round-about sorta way :p