Sign in to follow this  
BigTartanJudge

Mesh grill for G60 Corrado

Hi all,

Since pay day is coming up at the end of the month just getting ideas about what I want to do next. I was thinking about fitting a mesh grill to the front of my corrado g60 to replace the OEM VR6 grill I have. Any ideas who does these type of grills, suppliers and prices?

Cheers,

SCOTCORRADOG60

je design do a mesh grill !! mail blueslc he had one for sale a while ago think he wanted £35 for it...

Sorry Lanny,

Not a fan of the Oettinger grille look mate,

Prefer the mesh ones

Guy on Ebay has Oettinger grille for Corrado for sale but bit expensive...,

SCOTCORRADOG60

i'm the opposite.. like the oettinger grill, not a fan of mesh. makes me think rice-rocket after seeing so much cheese meshing on those things.. :?

that one on ebay is at $86 US and the reserve is met... thats cheaper than i thought they'd go for nowadays!! :shock:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... egory=9889

i like the look of the stock G60 or VR6 grill, debadged.

which type of grill exactly are you looking for scot? have a link to a picture?

never been a huge fan of the first one.. the second won't come up :?

if you're going for maximum cooling on the rad or whatever else you have behind the grill, i think the debadged 3-slat VR-style is about as good as you can get. grills like the TEC one, and even to some extent the oettinger that i have, all restrict the airflow since the available area for the air to travel through is only so big... then it gets cut down with all that fibreglass or plastic or whatever the grill is made of. my temps are ok, but if they ever get high its a 3-slatter for me. just something to consider if you have high temps.

I'm sure i got a mesh one in the garage, bought it last yr but never fitted it, went for the reiger/slat instead, looks simular to first pic

By the way... there are guys who saw out the "plates" of the vr6 grille, add some polyesther/filler and spray the frame in color... then place black mesh !

looks very cool with the rs bumper you got, because the area with mesh is bigger then with a JE-Design grille