Sign in to follow this  
PhatVR6

wahoo! my wiring loom is ready, 24v a go-go!

finally, after a month of waiting, I have a proper wiring harness to get my 24v to run on the mk4 ecu, thaks to my wiring expert mate.

I had to buy another engine to get a matching set of clocks and keys and ecu mind!

hope it's all worth it in the end

dragging the corrado back into the garage today hopefully it'll be ready to fire up by next weekend.

there is a SLIM chance I may have it ready for the vr6 rolling road day next sunday.

sound clip coming soon I hope!

finally, after a month of waiting, I have a proper wiring harness to get my 24v to run on the mk4 ecu, thaks to my wiring expert mate.

I had to buy another engine to get a matching set of clocks and keys and ecu mind!

!

Is there anyway to run the 24V with 12V clocks? Think the 24V could be overbored and use 2.9 pistons?

yes, I'm keeping the corrado clocks.

I'm having to leave in some of the 12v loom. for the water temp an oil pressure switches, speedo, things like that. the mk4 clocks have been stripped to a bare circuit board and will be hidden out of the way behind the dash, just keeping the immobiliser happy.

why stop at 2.9? fore it straight to 3.0. or just buy a 3.2 in the forst place, they are starting to become availble now. I've seen a few on ebay recently.

haven't touched the car for 4weeks now, been building a car port. almost done with that now though, so the corrado is in the dry now at last. front panel has been painted, and my grille has been done properly this time too. along with a de-locked colour coded number plate surround 9that one I bought off you fell off and someone ran over it 5 mins after fitting it!!)

I just need to work out how to move my mk2 with no wishbones in it!! I thought I had a spare set of vr ones but I can only find 1 :?

yes, I'm keeping the corrado clocks.

why stop at 2.9? fore it straight to 3.0. or just buy a 3.2 in the forst place, they are starting to become availble now. I've seen a few on ebay recently.

Just thought a 2.9 is a nice touch on a C with 24V. Must admit you've got me thinking about a transplant. A low miles transplanted and blown 24V may work out cheaper than a rebuilding a 12V and adding a T3/4.

no, it's going in my mk2 as a 3.0 turbo. aiming for a 10 second car. 600bhp, plus nitrous, 4wd, 6 speed, WRC spec roll cage, carbon bits, the works.

the corrado will just have to do as a nice 250bhp 6 speed 4wd dailt driver :mrgreen:

600 brake should do it.....

Mind you, an 800 brake Skyline only managed an 11 at the Pod a couple of weekends ago, so good luck to you!

Oh yeah that's true, Skyline v MK2.....no contest in the weight department, but Skylines are formidable 1/4 weapons due to their electronic trickery........ a 10 is very doable in a MK2 with that much grunt tho

no, it's going in my mk2 as a 3.0 turbo. aiming for a 10 second car. 600bhp, plus nitrous, 4wd, 6 speed, WRC spec roll cage, carbon bits, the works.

:

Thats more like it. No messing about :twisted:

theres a 3.0 24v corrado in the states just ran an 11.8 at 120mph!!!! I hope mine can mamage that!

mind you, it does have 272bhp at the wheels.......normally aspirated....('all motor', as they'd say over there)

I'm not sure how the Americans get such good times! Is their 1/4 mile the same as ours? And before you laugh, their gallon is less than our gallon, so just wondering!!

I work for it. Get a decent wage, wheel and deal in car bits on the side, do a the odd engine swap every now and then, and most of all, I buy stuff at good prices because I have a lot of contacts.

Plus, I swapped the Schrick manifold for one of the 24v engines..........the VGI that I paid £430 for nearly 4 years ago. You could say I have a good eye for a bargain :wink: either that, or I buy stuff cheap, then bull it up on the forums, generate a bit of interst, then sell it :wink:

I think doing all the work yourself is what does it - unfortunately for whiney spanner-shy people like myself, labour has to be factored into everything and it makes projects like this totally unachievable.

Can't wait to see the end result... again!! :)

I think doing all the work yourself is what does it - unfortunately for whiney spanner-shy people like myself, labour has to be factored into everything and it makes projects like this totally unachievable.

You'll never learn unless you try.

theres a 3.0 24v corrado in the states just ran an 11.8 at 120mph!!!! I hope mine can mamage that!

mind you, it does have 272bhp at the wheels.......normally aspirated....('all motor', as they'd say over there)

must be light as hell to do that.....

aye, it will be!

anyway, got most of my old loom out. been busy today working out the coolant hoses. the expansion tank is on the wrong side on a mk4, so I've has to cut loads of the pipes. only 2 left to do now.

will have a full day on it on sunday I reckon, should be well on the way by then.