Sign in to follow this  
potatonet

Transmission mount, flywheel, transmission removal

I have a transmission mount that looks busted and a front engine mount that is completely fried. can I use the transmission mount for any other car besides a g60 passat and can I use like a GTI or jetta front mount? anyone know if they are the same part.

second I have a flywheel that I cant get off my car, anyone know any tips for removal of flywheel for corrado's and should I have it resurfaced or should I just attach the new clutch to the thing without resurfacing.

I had a bitch of a time removing the transmission and I am just wondering if there is an easier way to remove this thing the bentley doesnt help me much. I lifted it pulled it back and then moved it about 1000 times to get the axle flange to clear the flywheel and to get the differential to miss the subframe.

getting the box out can be tricky, you have to try and lift and roll it over so the diff does n't get stuck, no real answer to it, once the car is on axel stands i put a 7lb hammer under the box, on the trolly jack and pump it up and pull on the box and it kind of falls out, putting it back on is always a bit of a bugger thou :lol: , the f;y wheel should fall out once undone, unless it's seized on,? give it a wack and see.

can I use the transmission mount for any other car besides a g60 passat and can I use like a GTI or jetta front mount? anyone know if they are the same part.

You can use the front mount off a Mk2 Golf GTI. I went for an aftermarket mount by Vibratechnics for a Mk2 Golf GTI on my US-G60. Not sure about the tranny mount, as I simply used VW's original part when I replaced my mounts.

Tempest

ok I know I can use a front mount off of a mk II GTI, can I use the same metal piece that attaches the tranny to the mount?

also I know that the flywheel has bolts on it there are 6 of them and I am just posting this to figure out how to remove them because of the fact that the flywheel moves when you try to remove them. there s got to be a trick or something because I am not going to go out and buy some random 100 dollar tool that will halt the movement of the flywheel. I dont have an impact driver though I should I know how do I stop it from moving so that I can remove it with a breaker bar?

Potatonet,

I've used a tyre lever in the past to lock up the flywheel, whilst my mate removed the bolts. Or get a shop to make up a tool. See Pic1!