Sign in to follow this  
too hot

tyres for 8x17" wheels.

Been looking around for some tyres for my Oettinger wheels,8x17"

The car is on standard suspension the wheels are going to be fitted with hub adaptors approx 20mm thick,which will give the wheels an ET of 15.

Question is what tyres will give the best fit,grip, look?

I was thinking of 215 x40 x17,however I have also seen 215x45x17at a very good price on E-Bay.I think that 205x40x17 will look too stretched.

What do you guys think any ideas or suggestions pros, cons etc.

Been looking around for some tyres for my Oettinger wheels,8x17"

The car is on standard suspension the wheels are going to be fitted with hub adaptors approx 20mm thick,which will give the wheels an ET of 15.

Question is what tyres will give the best fit,grip, look?

I was thinking of 215 x40 x17,however I have also seen 215x45x17at a very good price on E-Bay.I think that 205x40x17 will look too stretched.

What do you guys think any ideas or suggestions pros, cons etc.

205/40/17's are fine, different brands are different width's even tho' they still say 205. Toyo's and pirellis are on the narrow side, yoko's are wider

Even the 215x40x17 F1s look stretched on the wheels in my sig. They're 8x17 alloys. I've got some more on the way from Germany with 225s on, so I'll let you know how they look.

Lee is right though, different brands look chunkier than others on the same width. All very strange.

I had toyos on the TT rims I had and felt they looked too stretched---didn`t give much protection to the rims,in the unlikely event of my wife---parking without hitting the kerb :lol: :wink:

I must say though that I have had the car since may and she hasn`t driven it once--result :lol: :lol: