Sign in to follow this  
duffer

Lowering caps?

When my C was lowered (springs only due to budget), the front sits a bit higher than the back. Is it advisable to use front lowering caps to level it out? Is so what ones?

Cheers

Indeed they are. They are the same design as the originals but the skirt which the top coil sits on is higher up, thereby lowering the ride height.

kevhaywire,

you got some then?

how much and how much lower please?

i got same set up as you but on 1.8 16v, will they be the same?

why dont H&R make 40mm drop :x

ta

Asim is right. Had mine fitted today (on my behalf by someone else as I was away) and I've been told the difference is barely noticable, if at all. They're supposed to drop it 10mm but doesn't look that way, apparently! Will find out on Monday.

Coilovers are the best way to get the ride spot on, or a change of spring!

Worth giving the set up a few weeks to settle. You will get some lowering only it'll be a very small drop. Let's put it this way a tape measure before and after will tell you more than any big visual difference.

OK, with new top mounts and the caps the car has definitely dropped. You can tell straight away as the front end looks physically lower and the chin spoiler is closer to the ground. The arch gap hasn't reduced much though but the whole car is dead level with a full tank of gas, whereas before the rear used to squat, so they do lower a bit.

When the TMs have bedded in and fully adjusted themselves, it should drop a smidge more.

I also used MK4 bump stops at the front (cheers Mike) and they have improved the ride a lot. They're half the height of the VR ones so they were obviously never cut down originally when the H&Rs and konis were fitted.

The H&Rs themselves take a good 2-3 years to settle in fully. I used to have them on my old MK2 and after 3 years they'd dropped another 10mm all round..... I wish there was a way to speed up the settling process!

Exactly what benifits are there using MK4 bump stops? Comfort or handling?

Are all lowering caps for Corrados the same? If not do you know which ones I need for a 2.0L 16V, 94, L Reg?

The MK4 bumpstop is the right height for use with lowering springs and that is the reason for using them. Not every suspension kit comes with matching bumpstops and that is a neater solution to chopping the originals down.

16V and G60 top caps are the same. It's the VR ones that differ.

kevhaywire

Have you got the part number for the lowering cup's so that i can just phone up and order them ? I rang a few places before about them and they were all telling me they don't do them (i think it's because they've had trouble getting the right one's in the past)Mine's a 93 VR6 with the large spring cap's on it

Cheers

kevhaywire

Have you got the part number for the lowering cup's so that i can just phone up and order them ? I rang a few places before about them and they were all telling me they don't do them (i think it's because they've had trouble getting the right one's in the past)Mine's a 93 VR6 with the large spring cap's on it

Cheers

Anyone?

SLOT has given me the partnumber's for some lowering cap's from Venom but i don't know if they are the large or small type :roll: