Sign in to follow this  
m1cah

Modified Springs

Looking for some none standard lowering springs that come in pairs instead of 4, drop approx Front 45mm and Back 55mm.

Any ideas

Weitec do spring and kits that do that king of thing. They call it keilform in Germany. C&R are the place for that. The std kits have circlip adjustment of the rear ride height so you may get what you want with one of them. If not I am sure that they could get one in for you.

Steve Cresswell is the to speak to although I am sure he will have a good reason to try and talk you out of it.

Any coil over kit would probably do the same but probably cost more.

Gavin

The back end is currently in the sky, suspect that the struts etc have been changed at some time and they differ from the front.

Not really wanting to go down the coilover route due to lack of funds and the harshness of the drive so thought this would be the best idea.

Can you not get made to measure spring kits in pairs from anywhere, this would let me order one set for the front and another for the rear I've seen these before but your talking a few year ago.

Try Leda. They do a lot of custom work.

Custom usually = $$$$$

I'd say if funds are ltd that a non adjustable kit will be cheapest. With that drop though don't expect any suspension to ride like a Rolls Royce.

Gavin

True, but no main stream supplier will sell you two springs though. It's always the way. You want a set of 4 spacers, and they sell them in pairs, you want 2 springs, they sell them as a set of 4!

The back end is currently in the sky, suspect that the struts etc have been changed at some time and they differ from the front.

Not really wanting to go down the coilover route due to lack of funds and the harshness of the drive so thought this would be the best idea.

just do what I did and buy a pair of koni (damping)adjustable rear dampers, they have a least 2 grooves for adjusting the spring baseplate(and so height of car) and you could very easily machine more grooves to get exactly the height you need, cost me 115 quid for a pair all in, and they are excellent quality.

David.