Sign in to follow this  
Storm

How much cred does this have

Believe me these R34's are the dog's danglies. My father imported one from Dubai 5 years ago and has only just sold it for 911 Turbo. IMO it is the best car I have ever driven and been in. They are scarily quick, and I have never seen anything that came close on any type of road, motorway, country lanes etc..... I once had enormous fun playing with a 330CI on a dual carriageway- 2 young guys trying to give it, and believe me, they disappeared behind so quickly, it was unreal. 8) 8)

has to be one of the all time best cars that R34 8) but it's so in you'r face with the styling, I'm sure black/silver with silver alloys would look better.

I think i'd rather have the 911 though

Agreed - one of my mates used to have an old 911 turbo. For sheer driving fun & excitement - it cannot be beaten. :wink:

I think i'd rather have the 911 though

Agreed - one of my mates used to have an old 911 turbo. For sheer driving fun & excitement - it cannot be beaten. :wink:

the only thing tho..........well with the RWD-only variants is their habit of going off into the scenery :shock: :shock: :shock: deffo a car that requires a lot of respect and skill to drive properly ok so is the skyline to a lesser extent but i believe the 4wd and all the electronic trickery helps keep them on the tarmac better for the average driver

Nah, the 911 stopped behaving like a pendulum from the 993 onwards. When I drove my mate's 993 a few years back the rear end grip was phenomenal. You have to be a complete loon to throw the back out and when it does go, it's easy to reign in. Very few cars can match the 'completeness' of a 911. It's a car for all seasons and is never anything but intoxicating to drive. If you think the Corrado handles well, jump in a 911 and the keys will have to be prized from your hands afterwards.

Hm.. inspiring stuff Kev.. just need to find a mate with a 911 now.

Lemme see - 406 HDI, Suzuki Wagon-R, Renault Megane, Honda Civic, BMW 735i... hm, bugger, no 911's.

Though it IS my ambition to drive a 911 or eventually own one - I don't care HOW old or new it is!

Nah, the 911 stopped behaving like a pendulum from the 993 onwards. .

that'll be the 4WD ones then kev........i was meaning the 930 and 964 RWD ones :wink: aka hedgetrimmers :twisted:

Original 911 turbo for me - I loved being able to throw it around. Back end can be kept where it needs to be with a bit of practice. Dis-used airfield is a good place to get some driving practice. :wink:

Original 911 turbo for me - I loved being able to throw it around. Back end can be kept where it needs to be with a bit of practice. Dis-used airfield is a good place to get some driving practice. :wink:

me too especially in Guards red with colour/coded Fuchs............mad that they were 4-speeders til 88-ish!!!!

Yeah if you're talking Carrera 4 but the one I drove was your common or garden 3.6 Varioram RWD. That thing was so inert you simply didn't know which wheels were being driven. I've not driven a 4x4 911, but they must be insanely good 8)

To give you an idea, back in 2000 I attented an Evo meet and followed matey in his black 993. I had enough power - just - to more or less keep up on the straights in my 16V Turbo MK2 (power to weight you see) but every time we pulled up to a junction, his Porsche just squatted down and deployed all of that power to the ground and sped off. He was a good 200 yards ahead of me before I could even think about putting my foot down to keep up, such was the level of grip from that car - and this was in November and p1ssing down with rain.

Following round the bends - oh my god....I'm not kidding, he floored it round some really sharp stuff and it was glue like, the Golf just understeered like mad and again he pulled a clean 150-200 yards on me before the Golf recomposed itself.

If he had a turbo 911, it would be a different story but that 3.6 Varioram and the awesome 993 chassis work beautifully together.

Yeah agreed, the 70s and 80s 911s were definitely hedge trimmers :wink:

Oh forgot to add, he was a performance driving instructor so *really* knows how to drive, I stood no chance, LOL!

Yeah if you're talking Carrera 4 but the one I drove was your common or garden 3.6 Varioram RWD. That thing was so inert you simply didn't know which wheels were being driven. I've not driven a 4x4 911, but they must be insanely good 8)

Yeah agreed, the 70s and 80s 911s were definitely hedge trimmers :wink:

ahhhhh i see whats happened here m8............me and steve were speaking 911 turbo's..........you were meaning the "standard" 993's then :wink:

Aye, NA 911s, the best ones imo 8)

The GT2 has enough torque to make you physically sick and pulls from 1500rpm in sixth like our VR6s do in 2nd..... but it's too much. The NA 993s are so perfectly balanced it's unreal :lol:

Aye, NA 911s, the best ones imo 8)

The GT2 has enough torque to make you physically sick and pulls from 1500rpm in sixth like our VR6s do in 2nd..... but it's too much. The NA 993s are so perfectly balanced it's unreal :lol:

tbh any 911 from 83 would do me........well not keen on the pre-993 Targa's :wink:

me and steve were speaking 911 turbo's..........

Too right 8) , my m8's was a 1986, dark'ish blue turbo & had some of the fattest rear tyres that I've ever seen on a road car :shock:

It was RWD - the only wheels which should be driven in a true sports car :wink:

4WD takes all the excitement away - RWD may not always be as quick but it's way more exciting to drive. 8)

993 C4 is no where near as nice as 2wd. When my mate bought his 964 C2 I got a go in a few cars. The 964 just talks to you in a way that cant be imagined. At 17k for s decent RHD, thats great value, compared to almost anything new out there.