Sign in to follow this  
Jay_vr6

New to Corrado and need some Amp wiring help

Just got my first corrado vr6 and it's all a tad different from the vx astra so rather than making a hash of this I'd better ask some questions :)

The main positive from the battery needs to come into the front bulkhead, where is best and is there already a hole/grommet for this ?

Best place to run the rca cables to the boot ?

Is mounting my changer in the glovebox gonna be tricky ? is the glovebox easily removable to make some holes in ?

Any other help with making the fitting easy would be nice :)

Yep, if you look on the bulkhead around the place where the passenger foot well is - you should see a rubber bung you can remove/pierce to pass a cable through. Then it's just a case of running it under the carpets, or along the door channels where the carpet meets the plastic trim. Once that cable is through, it's an easy job. Managed to wire my amp/speakers in about an hour start to finish. Depending on what head unit you've got, you might have some grief getting it to sit right. I had a big ol bunch of cables/connectors behind the HU and it wouldn't sit right. Ended up removing the dash clock trim and the glovebox to manipulate the cables into a good position.

Best of luck

randal

you could alway put the changer in the first id box cut out in the rear seat rest,at least then its concealed and keeps the glove box free

1. hole in the bulkhead just below the water bottle (pass side).

RCAs can go up the centre tunnel with speaker cable if required.

changer - no idea.