Sign in to follow this  
matt_corradovr6

petrol leak

my car leaked a bit of fuel twice on sunday and seemed to be dripping from where the pipes go into the chassis rail. been into thye mechaninic and he can't find any leaks, anyone got ne ideas??

get a second opinion as this is pretty damn dangerous :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ..................also perhaps it was only leaking with the engine running and your mechanic had the engine off

no we had the car on the ramps running and there was not a sniff. did show my leaky zorst and bashed sump (lowrider).

he had checked all the clips and hoses engine running and engine off and there was not a drop of fuel anywhere??? v confused, unless it was just a halloween curse!!! :?

mech had all the pipes out and tested the pressure the pipes and couldn't find ne leaks but pulled the hoses off and through. the return was on v tight but the feed pipe was on v v loose and easily came off in the guys hand. there was also residue of someting leaking in the engine bay beneath the pipes. piupes re attached with new clips. sound like the problem to ne one????

I had a similar temporary leak a year ago - it was leaking from cold, rushed to my mechaic but failed to do so again. I had just had a faulty alarm installed by a CATS for Cars in Farnham -BASTARDS- the imobiliser cut in whilst driving along which screwed uo my car up end - UNDERSTATEMENT- Have you had a new alarm fitted recently?

DO NOT TOUCH CATS FOR CARS IN FARNHAM WITH A BARGE POLE!!!!!!

no its got a clifford on it tho?? fingers crossed it was a loose feed pipe which came off really easily in the guys hand and apparently they should be hard to get off. now got it attached nice and tight so hopefully all will be ok but i am checkin every 5 mins worrying bout it!!