Sign in to follow this  
G-Lader

Induction.......

Got a G60 with one of Darren's intercoolers :lol: , redtops, 68mm, exhaust etc that produced 190bhp and 210lb's on the rollers last week which Im well happy with but what sort of gain could there be by junking the k&n panel and box and replacing with an induction kit with cold air feed ?

Anyone have any comparisons with a K&N panel and box with a cold air feed and an induction kit ? Do u think there would be much diff.

I reckon in this cold weather there could be a marked gain....may be 5 or more bhp and some more torque?

Would appreciate some opinions

Cheers :D

If you make a really good heatshield with the induction kit it should in theory work better. But from what most people say the K&N drilled airbox combo works better.

To get used to the noise first, stick with the K&N and remove the snorkel from the airbox, and then run a cold air feed to it.. thats about as good as its gonna get, and is plenty noisy to boot!

I had a sound clip somewhere of my car doing a drive by past my mate at about 85mph.

I'm running an induction kit. I'll try and dig it out and put it on.

ah, I dont like the sound with the snorkel removed, not because its noisy just the reverbarating noise it makes..........had plenty of Vauxhalls in the past with a induction kit and they sounded great.............does drilling the box give that orrible reverbing noise....

a pvw test showed best gains with a panel filter and drilled airbox.

but an induction kit looks nicer under the bonnet.

you have to choose between looks powerful and is powerful i guess.

My G60 came with a Jetex induction kit and pretty comprehensive heatshield - I have since changed this to the standard airbox with K&N panel filter and a cold air feed from JMR - it has been a definite improvement - quieter and more responsive

has any one tried ducting the bottom of the airbox through the carbon can hole, as that should ensure a constant supply of nice cold air, be quieter that drilling the airbox and also look standard from above?

same here Andy665... removing the CC and fitting a cold air feed makes a nice difference... 8)

JMR did the cold air feed for me, very neat, totally undetectable (from above), throttle response seems sharper and no more "boy racer" induction roar

whats the bottom of the cc meant to look like, as i ran over some dense foam that had blown across the motorway from a factory, which seems to have hit the bottom of the cc and broken a bit of the pipe off :(

Can't remember what it looks like to be honest - best thing to do is remove the whole CC assembly, sure there are plenty of threads on how to do it

whats the purpose of the pipe in the bottom of the cc?

i am going to remove it when i find the time but will it cause any probs running it with the broken pipe in the mean time ?

its not going to cause a vacum leak is it?

Cheers Furki.............got it in my watch list which is why i posted the thread !

G-Man if i understand that right then leave the K&N in place and open up a cold air duct via the cc hole which will give the engine more than enough air........