Sign in to follow this  
joby

Audi TT 225

What does everyone think of the Audi TT, As im thinking of getting one (obviously keeping the Corrado though) Ive been doing some reading up on this car and as much as the press tend to slag it off genuine owners seem to like it for its build quality aswell as its performance, I know everyone says its a hairdresors car i still think its one off the smartest coupes about at the moment, but will i be dissapointed and should i buy the S3 8) Not interested in BMWs cos they SUCK :) ! Anybody

always liked em mate 8) , my bro has the 225 TT and he's had lotus, porsche etc before but he says the TT is the best car he's had

a mate at work sold his for a boxster and totally regretted it

id go S3 (and plan to next yr)

mates mum had a tt and it wasnt actually that fast. great grip off the line tho with the 4wd!

depends what you want.

I would go for a Cupra R and tune it instead - although I guess you like the TT for it's looks which to be fair the Cupra lacks.

I saw a nice Cupra R on e-bay. 265 bhp just from a chip and he siad it was hitting 60 in 5.5!. I think it's probably fair to say that a Boxster S is probably a better drive than the TT but I would expect the interior and quality of the TT may be slightly ahead. From what I have heard, THE s3 is really quick but not a fun car to drive, the power delivery being overly smooth and linear to the point that you are left a bit n :wink: umb from what is actually going on. But I would have an M3 Evo over any of those cars as they are one of the best second hand buys right now.

Have driven 180, 225 and ABT tuned TT's on a track in Austria, felt incredibly heavy and stodgy but also very safe. I think Audi's in general are a better ownership proposition than a driving machine

new coupe wise at the moment i would go rice i'm afraid to say :oops: :shock: .........just loving the looks and spec of the Nissan 350Z :shock:

Not interested in BMWs cos they SUCK :) ! Anybody

LOL

That's what I like about this forum...well researched and analysed reasoning leading to a balanced, coherent conclusion....... :D :D

To be fair, the BMW does have power going to the correct wheels and is probably the best balanced car in the sector. Shame that everyone's got one though...

While I was looking for a decent Storm, my reserve option was forking out a lot more dosh for a 225 TT with the larger alloys. I think its a seminally designed car inside and out....

new coupe wise at the moment i would go rice i'm afraid to say :oops: :shock: .........just loving the looks and spec of the Nissan 350Z :shock:

Yeah 350Z looks 8) Shame it's got a renault engine :(

Yeah 350Z looks 8) Shame it's got a renault engine :(

then again engine-wise its still a decent 3.5 V6 n/a lump :wink:

The 350z sounds great as well - nice throaty roar.

They aren't that bad on fuel either for having a 3.5 litre - must be modern technology :)

Been to my local Audi dealership today to have a look at a225 one that was advertised in the trader for £16000 but the salesman said it was sold weeks ago , WHY do they do this all they have to do is take it of the trader, Anyway I told him i was after a 225 TT Quatro and he proceeds to show me a 180 bhp one in 2 wheel drive and a 150 brake Roadster they just don`t get it do they, anyway they really are very well put together and very smart sports car in my opinion and the salesman had a good look at the corrado too 8) , Next door is a VW dealeship ther was a lovely VR6 there in silver lookedlike a customers car :mrgreen:

The TT is without doubt the most unreliable Audi currently on sale. Unsatisfying to drive, made from poor quality parts, impractical, common and althougth I hate to be prejudice, the people who own them are genuinely all shallow wannabee w*****s! These people don't buy them for any kind of driving experience, they drive them purely for image purposes only.

My advice: save a bit more cash and go for an A3 2.0 TDi DSG S-Line. It is by far one of the best cars in Audis range at the moment.

(btw, I'm convinced that instrument clusters will soon be written into the service regime for TT's. As they don't seem to last more than 15000 miles :roll: )

The TT is without doubt the most unreliable Audi currently on sale. Unsatisfying to drive, made from poor quality parts, impractical, common and althougth I hate to be prejudice, the people who own them are genuinely all shallow wannabee w*****s! These people don't buy them for any kind of driving experience, they drive them purely for image purposes only.

My advice: save a bit more cash and go for an A3 2.0 TDi DSG S-Line. It is by far one of the best cars in Audis range at the moment.

(btw, I'm convinced that instrument clusters will soon be written into the service regime for TT's. As they don't seem to last more than 15000 miles :roll: )

Good job we all have our own opinions then and i don`t need to save any cash as i allready have it :p and im actually parcial to a bit of wan***g :)

I would prefer a chipped 225 giving 265bhp than the 3.2 V6. I think TT's were cool for about 6months when they first came out however many years ago it was now, but there are so many now I wouldn't own one. The 350z which outgunned the TT in tests is, however a massive head turner, it's only 24k and it's got 280 brake!

I work with 3 bricklaying gangs, I wouldn't say any of them are gay, but I've had my douibts now and again! lol :lol:

Thanks for that Gixxeruk been to look at a couple today but were too dear these two look nice and are cheaper but can`t do anything for about a month so if there still there ill have a look, Still not seen you about mate

Good job we all have our own opinions then and i don`t need to save any cash as i allready have it :p and im actually parcial to a bit of wan***g :)

Ah well, sorry I didn't see the topic sooner. You could've bought a decent car otherwise.

Look forward to faulty Acceleration sensors, instrument clusters, clutch master cylinders (as well as snapping clutch pedals), faulty fuel senders, rusting roof rails, tempremental radios, creaking anti-roll bars and exploding wheel bearings :)

The TT is without doubt the worst car Audi have made in the last 20 years, I wouldn't wish one upon my worst enemy.