Sign in to follow this  
Adam M

dead locking by changing door pins for shorter ones?

Guys, I need help.

Have sold my corrado :( bought a 205 which I hated and since gone backt o my routes with a mk3 golf gti. Its not as pretty but as a second car it suits me fine and I needed a newer than M reg car to put on a number plate I dont want to keep on retention anymore.

Anyway, I am wondering if you guys know of companies that make shorter door lock pins that cant be pulled up if the window is smashed and someone tries to hijack you or break in at night.

I tried to ask on the gti site, but they review every message before it is posted and it never went up there, plus you guys ahve always been more friendly.

I know that people into their corrados are routed in golfs anyway!

Any help would be greatly appreciated

thats an idea, but at the mo the car is totally standard, and I would like it to stay looking that way.

don't want it having even a small degree of max powerness, thats what the main car is for!

its not max powery. i done it to my old gti and it looked smart and probably confused alot of would be thiefs. Kinda looks like the new golfs with the led in there

Darren, whats wrong with me in a mk3?

107k miles, P plate, total closure, unmarked three door in mystic pearlescent blue. ABS and my first car with anairbag. full VW history, and drives as if she were brand new, complete with unmarked alloys. I was so chuffed I can't tell you, and I got 1500 change from my G60 to put towards the mortgage after the impreza continues to cripple me. (btw, going on engine dyno on 16th june, if she breaks 900bhp/550lbft, I will let you know :D)

miss the corrado, would say I should never have sold it, but needed to put the plate on something.

whilst I am here, will someone please go to the dvla website and buy the number plates C11RGE, C11ARG and C11RGD, they would suit any forced induction car!

trimsport link doesnt work, is it correct?

would rather not go with chrome, but if there is nothing else immediately available.....

spoken to them.

what nice people!

have ordred the pins - thanks.

also getting some solid ally interior door handles rather than the plastic coated ones they sell for the corrado and mk2.

Should give me a nice quality feel.

ok i understand at least you have come back home to the vag familly!! do you mean door handles like these?? :lol:

also getting some solid ally interior door handles rather than the plastic coated ones they sell for the corrado and mk2.

Should give me a nice quality feel.

Yeah, I fitted these too. They go with the pins very well and look great against the black leather.

ok i understand at least you have come back home to the vag familly!! do you mean door handles like these?? :lol:

What do they fit though??

They wont fit my G60, and they're not the right shape for the VR. :?

Yeah, me too!!! They didn't....

I had the door apart anyway, but they are about4-5mm too wide!!! I've seen them in New VW's and i know there is a version for the VR, and a Version for G60's, Golfs etc...

It just would of been nice.

Dont know what to do with them now.... :(

Flog them on Brian.

Sure someone will take them off your hands. Nudge Nudge. Could do you a swap for some stickers :)

i have fitted mine in mate!! the early audi ones are exactlly the same as the late mk4 ones ! i have fitted both of the sorts to two differnt c now!

You got any pics Darren?

When i tried to fit mine the were definatly too wide, about 3-5mm too big. Length was wine, but they just wouldn't go. And surely you remove the spring?

We'll see Tom. Cause it aint looking good for mine.... :wink: