Sign in to follow this  
Shilakadaddy

People with Oettinger RE's...

...could you fit spacers to your wheels, or would they stick out too much? I'm planning on getting Oettinger RE's for my G60, but as they only come in 5 stud pattern, I'll have to use adaptors which'll probably be like using 20mm spacers.

So will they fit?

Cheers, Chris

Mine's lowered 45mm, and I had to use a 6mm spacer on the back to clear the spring. Saying that, the wheels rubbed, and the noise with 4 people in was enough to make me get coilovers [not fitted yet]. The wheels were pretty much flush against the body of the car, so I'd think with a 20mm spacer the wheels would stick out a lot, since they only come in 8" widths. Maybe worth a try, if you can afford for it to go the way of the pear.

Chris.. you might have to consider swapping all the 4 stud parts on your G60 to standard VR6 5-stud parts to get round this problem, rather than using spacers and adaptors. Will be a little expensive but would be the best way around this?

yeah it'd definately be the best way of doing it.. but as you said it's expense, and I don't like spending money :wink: Also despite the many threads that have covered the conversion... i'm still confused as to how to do the front. The latest way I heard of doing it was just swapping the drive shafts :?

I`ll tell you on Wed gonna put mine on with 20mm spacers and take some pics.Just want to see what it looks like too 8)

I`ll tell you on Wed gonna put mine on with 20mm spacers and take some pics.Just want to see what it looks like too 8)

8) nice one

Although looking at anubis's pics, they'll stick out quite a lot.. (they look just right as they are) but we shall see :)

Cheers

Shilakadaddy, Hopefully these are the pictures you wanted to see.I think the fronts stick out too far the rears are OK.

The wheels are 8 x17 and the tyres are Yokohamas215x45x17.It looks as if I will just have to put them on the A6 after all :) 8)

Mods sorry if the pics are too big,can`t seem to be able to shrink them :!:

thats exactly what I was looking for, thanks for posting those mate 8)

Unfortunately I agree with you tho, they definately stick out too far at the front :( So I'm either gonna have to do a 5x100 hub conversion, or choose some other wheels :|

Thanks again too hot, you may have saved me a lot of money :)