Sign in to follow this  
goodridge

G60 BOV's

I know this subject has been brought up several times before, but i've just been reading loads of info on this on Vortex. It seems it can be done with relative ease, and apparently increases throttle response as the butterfly which dumps the boost can leak?! Any of you guys tried this, and yea I know I know I am a boy!!! :lol: and yes I already have one of g-werks boost return kits on my car, but was after a liitle more noise! :shock:

I;ve heard that if you make your G60 sound like a turbo by putting a BOV on it, it will also drive like a turbo, - power delivery will be on/off....

I got told that when a dumpvalve is put on a G60 it sounds like a wet fart. This is due to the oil coming out as well as boost. Also it will cover your engine bay.

you shouldnt get any oil coming out of it, i have the boost return mod on mine with the outlet venting directly onto the bulkhead (only because the ducting i used blew to bits) and there is not even a residue of oil, but i have had a recent charger rebuild and before that there was a large amount of oil in the boost pipes as the charger exhaust seal was screwed :wink:

do you wanna always be on boost?

do you want a hissing noise when you aint.

if you cant hear the boost return fit a smaller pulley.

if you want noise fit a bigger exhaust, cone filter and boost return. slong with a 65mm pulley it makes a racket. a racket which im becomming tired of.

if you want noise fit a bigger exhaust, cone filter and boost return. slong with a 65mm pulley it makes a racket. a racket which im becomming tired of.

I've just done mine... worried about people saying they get tired of it, its my ice. Haven;t installed my radio from old car yet :(

I like the induction noise I get from my modified airbox with cold air feed, a resonating booming noise some may tire of but I personally love :D The boost return mod isn't that loud, but then i am currently running a standard pulley, will this noise get a fair bit louder when I am running more boost then? Enough to not bother with a BOV?

I take it that as part of your boost return removal you've included the 90 degree hose off the bottom of the throttle body? If not then this is what will be dampening the noise. You need to let the TB dump straight to atmosphere...-don't worry about that hose or the gauze insert. Also, the smaller the pulley then the more boost you'll be venting so it will be louder....standard pulley should be 7-10psi though and this should still be easily heard....

Yea the Tb is venting straight to atmosphere, I didnt leave any pipes on there. I've actually measured a peak boost of 11psi on my car, the charger was done quite recently. Sounds like a visit to G-werks is in order then..........I want more boost!! :D :D :D

Of course, if you really want the street-cred that goes with this particular mod you must remember to fit the illuminated washer jets :roll:

Quality, love it!

If you want to find out what it is like, just remove the rubber right angled hose from the bottom of your TB, plug the hole in the plastic pipe and go for a drive and see what you think, if you like it do it propper.

well I am about to install a recirc valve on my g60 as the lysholm silencing kit I have on the way relocates the throttle body to the front of the charger and so I cant use the butterfly valve, I may end up replacing the Recirc valve with a BOV as I have water injection and if I cannot mount the injector far enough away from the recirc valve I will do this to stop any water from getting back to the charger.

anyhow will let you know what the throttle response is like once fitted. :lol: