Sign in to follow this  
KidDub

Front end probs

Hiya all i have a front end prob

Can anyone tell me how easy the front panel comes off it seems to be bolted to the chassis legs but not knowing corrado s was a bit worried about un bolting things on it, plus also is there anywhere i could get it cheaper than £550 from dubs

:cry:

Also my battery tray seems to have its fair share of holes in it which also needs doing can anyone advice if they have done this before

:cry:

The front panel is bolter to the front wings, the ends of the chassis legs and the front cross member - a total of 12 bolts.

It isn't structural so removing it won't do anything to the car.

It's easier to remove if you take the bumper off 1st, and it's by removing this that you put the car in a state where it shouldn't be driven (even though it's still safe to work on).

Cool thaat sorts that panel out but what about the one behind it, this one also has a power steering pipe running through it and has also been damaged

:roll:

that's the lower subframe crossmember... it's the one that goes onto the back of the bumper if I'm thinking of the same panel as you...

This holds the radiator up and the bolts also support the actual engine subframe which holds the engine and gearbox up at the front... removing it's not difficult, you just need to be careful to prop the engine up with a jack so it doesn't fall on your head!

You mean these bits?

download.php?id=4926

download.php?id=3773

part number is 535-199-171 D for early cars, G for all later models

I'm pretty sure it's the same as MKII Golf and some other VAG cars... have a word with PhatVR6 as I think he's got a Seat Toledo one on his which he got cheap from a scrappy and it fitted with no problems... 8)

Thats the kiddy (hooray)

cheers mate

will email him now, its so difficult to explain that part and mine is exact like that but more rusty and messy

:)