Sign in to follow this  
matt_corradovr6

wobble

my tracking and camber are wellout on my vr6, but i had to hve new tyres fitted before i get this sorted (next week). however i have noticed a bit of a wobble coming through the seering wheel at speed. as the wheels have been balanced i don't think it could be that so could all the geometry being all over the place cause the wobble?? it doesn' happen at low speeds, upto 40 approx. plus does a 2.8 golf sump fit and work on a 2.9?? :(

Geometry being out can do all kinds of things.. a bit of wheel wobble is certainly nothing unusual if your track & camber are way out.

The sumps should be identical between the AAA and ABV engines, yes. Certainly the sump gaskets are...

Get the tyre place to rebalance your wheels. If there's still a problem, have a look for any run-out on the wheels themselves. If you've got a small buckle it can be masked by certain types of tyres, but it'll never really go away completely.