Sign in to follow this  
Corrado_VR6

Autotek - Corrado

I bought my C from Autotek, it was an interesting experience: Having put down a deposit and with the dealer agreeing to have the car serviced before delivery, he subsequently contacted me to tell me that they found, basically, the engine was OK on power but overheating and that the problem was likely to be terminal. Rather than letting me drive the car away a fully rebuilt replacement block was put in and we renegotiated the deal.

So fair play to him not trying the pull the wool over my eyes there. There did turn out to be a problem with the ABS though which I'm also sure he had known about. The crank position sensor was also shot but I'm not 100% certain it was sold that way, the fault might have developed soon afterwards. In all other ways the car was basically mint and I'm happy with it.

Regarding your own purchase: My recommendation would be to request a printout from the onboard diagnostic computer before you buy; also carry out all the usual checks mentioned in the buyers guide. Be prepared to play hardball because he surely will ;) On the whole though Autotek cars do seem pretty decent; I reckon the car is likely to be as mint as it looks.

This matches pretty much what I've heard over the last few years. Autotek charge top prices, but they do seem to deal only in the good quality cars out there. I suppose you get what you pay for.

I bought my Storm from them 2 or so years ago. I paid top dollar for it I have to admit but it was like a new car. I still have it and am still well chuffed with it. Ive had a few small probs such as coil pack and tensioner pulley bearing. Not long after I had bought it I had a problem with the air-con. I took it back and they sorted the problem out straight away and its been perfect since. They are a genuine enough place and you know the cars history will be sound. They used to have loads in stock but there are not enough about now.

Thanks For The Advice I will probably go for this one at the end of the month - if he still has it, thats if I cant find anything better a storm would be nice :D 8)

When i was looking for my c about a year ago i went to autotek to look at a silver valver, it was mint and they were asking top dollar. the guy who worked there wasnt all that helpful and did not have a long old chat about corrados as you would of expected....

Yeah I got my Silver 16v Corrado there.

Paid top money for it, but couldn't resist.

Only had one problem but got sorted quickly and hassle free.

I left the deposit they did a service and new MOT, pick it up a week later.

mine sold at Autotek 4 years ago for £9,000

Depreciation, 50k miles & a few scrapes later......

I bought it this year for £1800.

sorry I've got nothing more useful to say RE Autotek!!

Yeah I got my Silver 16v Corrado there.

Paid top money for it, but couldn't resist.

Only had one problem but got sorted quickly and hassle free.

I left the deposit they did a service and new MOT, pick it up a week later.

Was it bout a year ago? 120kish on the clock? black cloth interior?