Sign in to follow this  
bigbob

value? (pics)

Looking for sensible suggestions as to what i can expect to get for my Corrado.

Briefly;

1989 G reg 1800 16v with 100,700 miles

10 Service stamps in book (8 are VAG)

I got the car on 03/03/04 with 89,000 miles and have changed the oil & filter every 6000 miles since. I had the cam belt kit changed at 92030 miles by a friend.

Car is standard apart from;

7x15" ABS alloys with Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres (rears brand new)

Powerflow stainless steel backbox

I have looked after the car very well. Oil is checked religiously. Servicing has always been carried out when needed.

I am getting a company car within the next 2 months so i cant see me using the Corrado much then so im looking to get rid of it in the near future.

Based on the prices of other Corrado's and the condition they seem to be in, im looking for £1500 for mine. I feel the car is worth this based on its condition and comprehensive history.

Check out the photos below and let me know your thoughts

If i've missed out any information or such, drop me a mail

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/corrado16v/

cheers

Chris

Yeah agreed.

Simple cosmetic fixes won't cost you the earth and will prevent buyers from using them as haggling points for the price. Its a nice clean car overall though I have to say.

IMO £1500 is a bit optimistic,

im looking for a raddo at the moment and i would be prepared to pay 1k for yours, if your after a sale soonish drop me a pm :wink:

You only think its optimistic because thats all you want to pay! ;) :)

I honestly think its worth around the asking price.

IMO £1500 is a bit optimistic,

im looking for a raddo at the moment and i would be prepared to pay 1k for yours, if your after a sale soonish drop me a pm :wink:

I dont think thats optimistic at all. They are not as plentiful as Golfs and thats barely run in for a 16v.

You only think its optimistic because thats all you want to pay! ;) :)

I honestly think its worth around the asking price.

ahhh,

youve sussed me out :lol:

seriously though, i do stick by that if i was going to buy this car in question i would only be prepared to spend 1k.

ive seen a 90H in hull dragon green 120k miles, sebrings, totally standard, the guy wants 1k. and its in good nic, come then end of the month if he has still got it i hope to be going up there to have a good look.

im only trying to give renegade some advice, yes the market for all C's is massively inflated at the moment, but its like people are just thinking up sums of money to sell there C's for :roll:

Yeah either take the rubbing strips off completely or buy new replacements.1st option cheaper as you are selling.

Why are they partially removed anyway,has the car been painted?

No radio or speakers?

Still worth between £1000-1500 I would say as it looks very clean. :)

seriously though, i do stick by that if i was going to buy this car in question i would only be prepared to spend 1k.

ive seen a 90H in hull dragon green 120k miles, sebrings, totally standard, the guy wants 1k. and its in good nic, come then end of the month if he has still got it i hope to be going up there to have a good look.

im only trying to give renegade some advice, yes the market for all C's is massively inflated at the moment, but its like people are just thinking up sums of money to sell there C's for :roll:

£1500 is reasonable for a MOT'd, below average miles and tidy C 1.8 16v..................ok you are only wanting to spend £1k......which is probably why you are still looking for one :roll: ...........i seem to remember you selling a mk2 GTI 16v and wanting more than £1500.........much as the mk2 is a nice car i personally would value a Corrado as being worth more(bar G60 ltd/Rallye/and GTI G60 )

£1500 is reasonable for a MOT'd, below average miles and tidy C 1.8 16v..................ok you are only wanting to spend £1k......which is probably why you are still looking for one :roll: ...........i seem to remember you selling a mk2 GTI 16v and wanting more than £1500.........much as the mk2 is a nice car i personally would value a Corrado as being worth more(bar G60 ltd/Rallye/and GTI G60 )

i think the thing is here that because of the over inflated prices some people think they can put there C's up for sale at silly money prices and still sell, look at the amount of 1.816Vs in the for sale section at the moment struggling to sell....

its OBVIOUSLY good for people that already own c's, but for people like myself that are looking at getting into C ownership it is mighty frustrating :p

still looking for the right c, if i got it for 1k that would be a bonus, but i fully expect to pay considerably more than that :wink:

you'll find that the 1.8 16v's are only "struggling" to sell because most people are either after a G60,VR6 or a late Corrado..............and .tbh i wouldn't call asking for well under £2k as over inflated/silly prices........fair enough if they are dogs but most appear not to be

My Mrs wouldnt sell hers for 3k let alone £1500 so take heart they are worth what people want to pay and sell them for.

If you think its only worth a grand fair enough,I dont understand how cheapo 16 valvers can only make £1000 and vr6's can command 8k if in the right condition.

If I see a corrado in the right colour around a £1000 it would be a TDI project for sure.

I thought more than once regarding coullstars one at the asking price

and that was to drop the engine too !

I think 16valve owners sell their cars short as IMOH they are the most reliable.

Roy boy