Sign in to follow this  
GIXXERUK

pioneer mp3

i'm buying a pioneer DEH-P9600MP , does anyone know of an mp3 multi changer i could link to this h/u

pioneer dont make one, i was wondering if i could use some sort of interface and use a different make ?

anyone ?

cheers

paul

That's odd they don't do an MP3 changer as the decoding is done at the headunit. All it needs is the digital source from the changer and it should do the rest.

Nice bit of kit the 9600. I've got the one below (8600) which has the same internals. If you want to, you could use the 9600 as a 3 Way source and use a 4 channel amp for the mids and tweets and another one for the bass.

The remote is a bit pants though. Small range and the joystick is iffy!

Active is the way to go :lol:

cheers kev

"That's odd they don't do an MP3 changer as the decoding is done at the headunit" this is exactly what i thought but i emailed http://caraudiosecurity.com/ and they said "Pioneer do NOT currently sell a CD/MP3 changer.

You could use the Centurion DVA-680 changer with the Pioneer CD-RB20 AUX-IN

adaptor

but this in the £400 area :cry:

think i'll pick the brains of another site for comfirmation though

yeah i thought about the ipod but its costly even the mini ipod with only 4gb is £170 ish

when will they make a h/u that reads mp3s off a dvd disc ?

i wish mate!!!! DVD MP3s be cool as!

The JVC DV5000 plays MP3 CDs as well as playing DVD video but cant combine the two unfortunately :(

the dension can also hook into the pioneer using the RB20 thingie but you have to use the DMP3 controller to select songs etc rather than thru the HU.

pablo_vr6, cheers for info mate

like kev said the h/u decodes so why wouldnt an ordinary multi changer work, surely the mp3 multi changer only sends a digital signal that is then converted ? i'll do some digging ....

seen kev on the talk audio site :wink:

GIXXERUK, Some places ALREADY make a multi DVD MP3 player.... Centurion do, and I'm pretty certain that Alpine do too... 8)

my necvox (not the best make in the world) 10 disk dvd changer plays mp3's as well but i just use it for music video dvds (call on me single is ok with the sound off :lol: ) and use the p8400mp for the mp3's 8)

seen kev on the talk audio site :wink:

LOL.... I spend a bit of time on there now. ICE is like car modding, you soon find yourself spending more than you ever intended!

Talk Audio is a good source of info, but as with most forums, some of the advice and users are a bit dodgy!

thanks for the replies 8) i can see this is going to take further investigation and yeah your right kev, ice is a never ending upgrade and the main problem is good and cheap do not go together :cry:

i'd be happy with a h/u that plays single dvd mp3 discs but its a little too much to have say 10 dvd's worth of mp3's in the car

i've got about 40gb of mp3's and about 2000 cd's , oh well at least cd's are less than 10p a throw but the last dvd's i got were 100 for £20 for good ones , rambling now :) going !!