Sign in to follow this  
G60Dan

New Exhaust HELP!

Hi all

I'm looking to replace my exhaust, I thought I'd do for the Milltek one.

Now my question is, will it fit? Yes of course I hear you think! BUT!

My current system has been custom made & has a de-cat pipe - made at the same time. Having never seen underneath another G60, I can't tell whether or not my de-cat pipe is simply just my centre pipe and has been extended to suit, or it's the bit where the lambada probe goes in to?? My worry is that the new system won't fit. If the de-cat pipe is part of my custom exhaust, I'm ether going to have to get a new de-cat pipe or just replace the back box.

I found this pic of a std exhaust, but it doesn't show where the lambada probe goes??

std_exhaust.gif

Here's my exhaust. I'm assuming the Lambada probe goes in to the where the cat would be? Or when I get my new exhaust, am I going to have to get a de-cat pipe 2?

De-Cat.jpg

IF all goes well & the new exhaust fits fine to my de-cat pipe.... next question - Will the new system join fine? The clamp in the picture is a 72mm clamp & is the biggest I've seen.

Any help very much appreciated. Need to get this ordered so I can get it on at the weekend!

Thanks

Dan

That decat pipe isn't long enough to mate to a replacement system. If you are doing the fitting yourself I'd get a proper off the shelf decat pipe. The job will be easier in the long run.

Gavin

Just wondered mate, it looks very similar to my PowerFlow.

I'm tinking bout getting a miltek but got monry to spend on other things at the min.

That decat pipe isn't long enough to mate to a replacement system. If you are doing the fitting yourself I'd get a proper off the shelf decat pipe. The job will be easier in the long run.

Gavin

Bollox! Oh well it's only money!

Cheers

Heres my powerflow exhaust, pretty mingin,

No sleeved joins, welds all the way through, begs the question "How the hell do i get it off if needs be?" :mad:

zorstpic5.jpg

Nessie over my back axle :shock:

zorstpic3.jpg

Took off my whole heatshield, which leaves the gear cables exposed to exhaust heat :mad:

zorstpic4.jpg

And the finale, CUT my down pipe and welded the system to it, wot a bloody mess

zorstpic2.jpg

zorstpic1.jpg

It pretty bad and the twat isnt too bothered about it at all but pretty soon hes gonna get a bitty bothered, sorry to jack the thread but if anyone is from up the aberdeen are dont take your lovely cars to Wallace Performance :p

I thought you were selling your Corrado and buying another RST Dan ? :wink: :wink:

We hopfully should be bringing some of these exhaust over from Germany in the new year .

000164.gif

Bastuck systems. They are a German skool exhaust system that are very popular over there. We have fitted a few systems to Polo's over the last year. We have been very impressed with the quality and low noise levels of. We have not been keen on getting envolved with fitting exhausts as unitil up to now we have not been equipped to fit them properly. Won't be such a eveil job now when we get our new two posters next week :) ..

Harry, Whoever welded your exhaust wants shooting.... :2gunfire:

In welding circles - that's called "Duckshit" ........... :mad:

That is one VERY poorly welded system.

Heres my powerflow exhaust, pretty mingin,

No sleeved joins, welds all the way through, begs the question "How the hell do i get it off if needs be?" :mad:

zorstpic5.jpg

Nessie over my back axle :shock:

zorstpic3.jpg

Took off my whole heatshield, which leaves the gear cables exposed to exhaust heat :mad:

zorstpic4.jpg

And the finale, CUT my down pipe and welded the system to it, wot a bloody mess

zorstpic2.jpg

zorstpic1.jpg

It pretty bad and the twit isnt too bothered about it at all but pretty soon hes gonna get a bitty bothered, sorry to jack the thread but if anyone is from up the aberdeen are dont take your lovely cars to Wallace Performance :p

My powerflow exhaust is not like that! They did a good job on mine I have to say.. lots of connection points etc, good welding and pipe bending...

I want to cry, ben your zorst is well mint, the boy up this way is a total cowboy and is quickly gettin a name for himself. Need to get a decent system soon :cry:

I thought you were selling your Corrado and buying another RST Dan ? :wink: :wink:

We hopfully should be bringing some of these exhaust over from Germany in the new year .

000164.gif

Bastuck systems. They are a German skool exhaust system that are very popular over there. We have fitted a few systems to Polo's over the last year. We have been very impressed with the quality and low noise levels of. We have not been keen on getting envolved with fitting exhausts as unitil up to now we have not been equipped to fit them properly. Won't be such a eveil job now when we get our new two posters next week :) ..

any idea on price please steve as i will be needing one very soon

cheers

I decided against it in the end. After I'd run the charger in, the Corrado seemed a different car. I changed my exhaust at the weekend & the car seems different again! I'm really please with it at the moment. All going well I should be down to see you boys early next year for some more go faster goodies :D