Sign in to follow this  
GIXXERUK

CORRADO H/U INTERFACE (ISO)

Hi

i'm taking my kenwood h/uout and want fit my pioneer, the lead (power ,speakers etc) has no connector on the end , so rather than cut the wires off the kenwood and splice them over can i buy an iso connector and make it up ?

i hate messy wiring with connectors or soldering, i'dprefer to spend a little time and make a tidy job of it

ps. kev did the 8600 come with a microphone that reads the cars accoustics and sets up the equaliser ?

cheers

paul

you can buy bare ISO blocks with wires hanging out. both M and F. halfords etc do them.

as for the 8600 i think it did come with auto eq.

ps. kev did the 8600 come with a microphone that reads the cars accoustics and sets up the equaliser ?

Yeah it did mate.... I prefer doing things manually though and I think that only works when the unit is in "NW" mode (switch on side of the case)? I haven't read the manual yet :oops:

should be ok in STD mode - Kev I think you should try it it works VERY well :) I guess you are using NW mode in which case it may not work. on the 9400 it doesnt work in NW mode but on the P1/P99/P945 it works in both IIRC.

Cheers Pablo, it's got to come out again anyway to feed the wires in properly, so I'll plug the Mic in when I do that and give it a whirl :lol:

I'm not in NW mode yet as I haven't run some extra speaker wires down....or run some 4 guage up for the extra amp yet (sub).

I hate car wiring this time of year :?

oh bugger ( i've done this before :cry: ) i took the old h/u out and put the pioneer in and guess what ?

yeah i forgot to empty the multi changer :cry: :mad: last time i did this i stripped the changer to get the discs out :roll:

so i wired the kenwood back in ( just live and earth) and got them out

this h/u has some bass going on :shock: even with the setting lowered , my vibes rattling my number plate :lol: