Sign in to follow this  
billinjah

confused!! what should i do next

ive been scouring the forum for ideas as to what should be my next move ive got a stage 4 charger and 68mm pulley with a jabba chip im pretty sure my injectors need a refurb but it seems cheaper to replace them i have read that redtops are an overkill but g-werks seem to favour them. also im sure my fpr hasnt been upgraded to a 3.5bar item is this a must?? also oil coolers some people seem to have them others dont i did the filter the other day there doesnt seem to be any room to put the oil cooler sanwich plate in as well the filter is very close to the cross member (proper g60 filter with a nut on the top) any thoughts any price ideas would be very helpful i just want to make sure everything is how it should be before i go for a front mounted intercooler.

Get a oil cooler m8 The temps you get in the winter not so much of a worry, but in the summer i was hitting 130 which to be honest scared the sh*t out of me Now with my oil coller mounted on the passenger side where the old intercooler was i had not had anything above 106.

First picture shows it on the cross member where JMR fitted it first.

Second picture shows new position in place of intercooler as a Audi RS was placed in the front bumper. This allowed for great flow of air to the intercooler and the oil cooler.

I beleive JMR do the kits for about £135 + fitting

Bottom Line go for a oil cooler ( its a great mod if you want to keep the car for a while)

JMR is 16vG60 on this forum. Give him a PM

Oil coolers keep things a lot happier. The money you will spend on a oil cooler you will save in the future by not having to replace engine oil seals prematurly. I serviced a charger last week that i'd seviced last year and 18k mile ago, the oil seals in it looked like they had been baked in the oven, coincidently his car was in with Ian Birch while'st I was servicing his blower having the lower crank oil seals replaced as they too had been baked in turn contaminatig the clutch.

He is fitting a oil cooler soon to prevent a repeat of the woes he has just suffered.

Bypassing and removing the original water/oil cooler eliminates all the complications of not being able to use or modifying a G60 filter to fit. Removing it will cost an additional 20 odd pounds to the fitment of the cooler to replace the coolant hoses with non water/oil cooler t-piece items............

Then intercooler :wink:

Yes, same take off plate, but the stub out of the oil take off housing attached the block needs to be trimmmed down in length so the sandwich plate can be attached to it.