Sign in to follow this  
ZackM8

GAH MY STEERING HELPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok, so I did a bahn brenner stage 4 upgrade, all the goodies, but my car doesnt handle for shit now. It's like there is no power steering at all! Is it because I changed the charger pulley? Anything that can be done to fix this? A corrado is nothing without its cornering =/ been like htis for a few weeks and i can figure it out!!! Anyone els ehad this problem? Do i need to get a differnt power sterring pump ...or pully.... im using a 65mm on the charger now....HELP ME lol

zack

Stupid question

Did you make sure that the power steering belt was put back on correctly when you changed the charger belt. Power steering units are on ebay GSF dont seem to have a G60 power steering pump but i beleive they can range between £95 and £130 for brand new.

yeah the belt is fine.....

and I'm almost sure its not the pump, i dunno why it would work right before and not after the upgrade....and the pump seems to be fine, Ive had about 5 different people look at it...

wondering if its an underdrive problem or sorts...

thanks

Can you be more specific? "like having no power steering".. You mean it's just really heavy all the time?

If you had NO power assist, you'd really know about it when parking...

You either have one hell of a coincidence or the steering belt is either not on properly or it's too tight/slack.

The smaller charger pulley will not affect the steering in any way at all. Did you also fit a smaller charger drive belt (to compensate for the smaller pulley) ?

Yes the steering is very very heavy when going to park, its not so bad at higher speeds but its a pain in the ass still....

and yes of course i bought the small charger belt to go with the setup..., although it is ona different set of pulleys so it wouldnt matter but yes i bought the riht belts.....it jsut seems very odd and i cant figure it out

help....lol