Sign in to follow this  
kerrinmay

Cloth Colours and Patterns

Kev keeps mentioning this aerospace-grade dynamatting, which costs aerospace prices, looking for something cheap 'n' cheerful myself. What about felt? Perhaps sticky backed felt? Does such thing exist??

He's talking out of his arse again - I see Kev every weekend in B&Q buying rolls of roofing felt, Infact he gets most of his car parts from there now, Topmounts, Anti roll bars etc...

He's talking out of his arse again - I see Kev every weekend in B&Q buying rolls of roofing felt, Infact he gets most of his car parts from there now, Topmounts, Anti roll bars etc...

Ah, B+Q grade top mounts. Perhaps that's why he breaks 'em so quickly.

And you know full well what sort of felt I was referring to... :-p

B&Q... GSF - same old! :lol:

Seriously tho Mat - B&Q sell roofing felt which is like diet dynamat and much cheaper than the real thing - come in rolls and is self adhesive!

You will need to find a haberdashery (spelling?) for sticky back felt - it does exist....

oxfordpaul, that's great. Thanks very much for scanning that in. If you've ever at a loose end then please feel free to scan the rest of the Jan '92 brochure in as I'd be very keen to see the whole thing :wink:

B&Q... GSF - same old! :lol:

Seriously tho Mat - B&Q sell roofing felt which is like diet dynamat and much cheaper than the real thing - come in rolls and is self adhesive!

You will need to find a haberdashery (spelling?) for sticky back felt - it does exist....

It's actually an alternative (or for repairs) to lead flashing for roof joins etc.. Wickes do it in various widths too (I got some in my Conservatory kit!) I wouldn't say it's much cheaper than the Brown Bread I bought from Maplins though as it generally comes in quite narrow widths.

David. - No, I'm not thinking of adding a conservatory onto the back of my corrado :p