Sign in to follow this  
Shilakadaddy

Audi Quattro

My dads thinking about buying one :) He's decided his current car is costing too much, and isn't really giving him much pleasure for it (don't question what my dad wants from a car! :lol: ). So he's gonna sell it and possibly get an old skool audi quattro :D I think he's been convinced by the corrado that old cars are cool :wink:

So does anyone know anything about them? Good forums I can go and learn about them? etc.

Cheers, Chris

my preference for all round affordability etc ur-quattro wise is the post 83A> digital dash versions...........20v's are just still a bit on the high side price-wise and are the more collectable whereas the 10valvers are not too un-realistically priced with 95% of the 20v's performance..............Tor-sen diff ones from 87/88 are the best of the 10v's btw

make sure the front and rear bumpers are totally intact too..............spoke to an ur-quattro club rep the other day and he told me the front bumper is getting on for near £2k to replace :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

If his current car is too expensive what the hell has he got! Unless he's got a Roller or Ferrari or something a Quattro is unlikely to be cheaper to run... :shock: :shock:

2K for a bumper?!?! :shock: :shock:

He currently has a Jaguar XK8, which is losing money all the time in depreciation. Plus it spends half the year in the garage as he works 2 week on, 2 week off, shifts off-shore.

I think the main reason the Quattro appealed to him was that he wouldn't lose any money through depreciation, and wouldn't matter how long it spent not doing anything in the garage, as long as it stayed in good condition.

I found a couple of good forums with loads of info I'm gonna try absorb... seems a lot of people prefer the 10v version too as it feels faster than the more refined 20v, despite this actually being faster. By the sounds of it, I think I'd prefer the 10v versions too, but this is for my dad, so probs a different story for him :wink:

Anyway I'll leave you with a picture 8)

Quattro.jpeg

2K for a bumper?!?! :shock: :shock:

He currently has a Jaguar XK8, which is losing money all the time in depreciation. Plus it spends half the year in the garage as he works 2 week on, 2 week off, shifts off-shore.

I think the main reason the Quattro appealed to him was that he wouldn't lose any money through depreciation, and wouldn't matter how long it spent not doing anything in the garage, as long as it stayed in good condition.

I found a couple of good forums with loads of info I'm gonna try absorb... seems a lot of people prefer the 10v version too as it feels faster than the more refined 20v, despite this actually being faster. By the sounds of it, I think I'd prefer the 10v versions too, but this is for my dad, so probs a different story for him :wink:

Anyway I'll leave you with a picture 8)

Quattro.jpeg

just don't get the old boy too exited with the above pic as thats the SWB mega-rare Sport version( or IIRC its actually a replica........can't remember for sure :? )

yip any ur-quattro will not be cheap to run full-stop.............you think Corrado parts are expensive......wait til you need something like a clutch fluid reservoir..........try £50+ from the local Audi $tealer..............and of course to brim the tank from empty used to cost me £50..........that was in 1995 btw :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ..........20gal tank sir :twisted: .........BUT once you own/drive one you'll know why everyone raves about them.........hell if i didn't sell mine to keep the missus happy...........i'd still be running it now they are feckin AWESOME........even near on 25 years since they were first launched.................my missus and the fact i'd be divorced is the only reason why i ain't in one now :wink: ........first things first tho......JOIN the quattro-owners club ASAP and ask if they know of any good ones coming up for sale...........you're oldman won't regret buying a good ur-quattro :wink: tho he will be savagely burned if he buys a dud :(

dialynx shortie - one of those would set you back a good chunk of cash..... but it does do 60 in 2.37 seconds!

street legal too!

ur-quattro.jpg

this was my old lago blue beauty 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 100+k miles on it and it still pulled like a train 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

very nice mate 8)

Been learning about the various versions available, and about that one in the picture I posted above - a 650bhp UBER project :shock:

Also theres the Quattro Sport's - 214 made, 300bhp... fetching around £50k :shock: Don't think he'll be getting one of these either!

Then theres the WR, MB and RR.. none of which seem easy to come by... and whats the KV - I haven't quite worked out where this fits in yet??

Learning about these cars is really making me want one :lol: :mrgreen:

My business colleague has recently bought a rather "boring" looking Audi 100 Avant. The little give-away is that very understated S4-badge on the front and rear, meaning only one thing, when you see it in your rear view mirror: Move over!!

This baby has got the 20 valver TQ engine, rated at 230 bhp standard, tunable up to 500 bhp (as Audi did).

Yes it's expensive to run, as my mate found out, like somewhere between 16 and 19 mpg (city traffic) :shock: , the power steering pump will set him back a hefty 300-400 Quid (as there's a top screw with rubber ring that keeps on exploding, result is nice green liquid all over the engine bay, soaking bonnet mat, and creetching pump :shock: ).

But it's fun to drive, as he demonstrated again just tonight bringing me home. Put your foot down 8)

Tempest

alot of :shock: :shock: going on on this thread :lol:

VR6 storm,

very very nice quattro you had there :wink:

absolute classic car, great choic by your dad if he goes for this shilak :wink:

My business colleague has recently bought a rather "boring" looking Audi 100 Avant. The little give-away is that very understated S4-badge on the front and rear, meaning only one thing, when you see it in your rear view mirror: Move over!!

This baby has got the 20 valver TQ engine, rated at 230 bhp standard, tunable up to 500 bhp (as Audi did).

Yes it's expensive to run, as my mate found out, like somewhere between 16 and 19 mpg (city traffic) :shock: , the power steering pump will set him back a hefty 300-400 Quid (as there's a top screw with rubber ring that keeps on exploding, result is nice green liquid all over the engine bay, soaking bonnet mat, and creetching pump :shock: ).

But it's fun to drive, as he demonstrated again just tonight bringing me home. Put your foot down 8)

Tempest

nice!!!!!............there was a "boring" old late 80's avant at our recent Scottish region RR day last month............it too was packing a surprise under its bonnet :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ...........only walked off with the biggest output of the day and was absolutely lovely to hear being run on the rollers.......speak about the hairs on the back of yer neck standing up!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: