Sign in to follow this  
Yash

Petol around injector

Hi,

I've got a pool of petrol around where the 1st injector goes into to the head, im guessing its one of the injector seals that is worn, reading other threads it would seem that I need the following parts:

1. Large plastic seal

2. Brass insert

3. Orange/brown plastic tube

4. Lower injector O ring (black)

5. Upper injector O ring (green)

Is this correct?

The car seems to be using a lot of petol, do you think it is this that is causing the excessive consumption or is it likely to be another problem as well? Also how do you remove the injector, i dont seem to be able to find any information on this.

Any help much appreciated,

thanks,

yashin

Injectors pull out with some effort, so don't be afraid to pull them pretty hard - you can get a tool for helping with this

Sounds to me that it's more likely to be screw connection between pipe and injector tho, pull suspect injector out and crank engine with (spark plugs out so it doesn't fire), and see if its leaking.

You don't *need* to replace all those parts mate, just the 2 injector seals at worst. The orange plaztic nozzle guides tend to crack and break up over time so I always replace those as a matter of course. And to get to the those you need to remove the brass injector seats, so replace them aswell!! The whole lot is about £50, and ensures a new gas tight seal.

Also make sure your injector connections as aide said as I had number 2 injector leak in that way before.

And wait until the engine is hot before pulling the injectors out, makes life so much easier! Just literally pull em out. It's only really the induction vacuum that keeps the injectors in...... when replacing the seals, push them home carefully with some vaseline as the small inner seal (black one) rips very easily if it doesn't go in properly.

Thanks for the responses, think ill just replace the 2 seals,

do you have to remove the fuel pipe going into the injector before you can pull the injector out or can you pull the injector out with the fuel pipe attached?

you can check the connection mentioned above is tight before you pull it out, but if you can get sufficient purchase on just the injector then that is best way, as kev says it's easier when warm

thanks for the help,

will have a look at it over the weekend and try and get it sorted as its going through so much petrol at the moment