Sign in to follow this  
G60Jet

Seat Leon FR Diesel

Hi Boys and Girls

As you lot may or may not know im 99% sure im moving back to the UK ASAP depending on work etc. Just need to find a job in radio that pays more than i get know, that shjouldn't be to hard. Anyway, I'm in the UK at the mo so i've been out today for a testdrive in a Leon. Car of Choice after the Corrado. The G60 just doesn't seem practicle to me in the UK being a LHD. Anyway, I've already had some interest in the Jet from both Spain and here in the UK.

Went out in the a Leon FR diesel, i have to say i was very happy with the test drive. Loads and loads of torque, a little turbo lag which after driving the G60 im not used to, but it when really effortless. Must add the response was certainly as good as the G60, but the nice G60 sound wasn't there. Might have to try the petrol Cupra but that FR Diesel is going on top of my list come the Big Move!! (pending a drive in a few other Hot hatches of course)

Driving Position was okay but my arse needed to be lower like the corrado!!

Anyway I'll see how things turn out.

I went out for a test drive in one yesterday, I had the option of taking the sales guy or going by myself - needless to say I went by myself!!! It really is great fun to drive and seems like logical progression from the C. This will be a company car for me so the deisel engine is the best option IMO although an extra 30bhp would be nice, also planning to get cruise control, armrest, anti dazzle r/v mirror and auto wipers fitted to make life a bit more comfortable... have a meeting with the boss next week to sort everything out and with some luck I'll have it by christmas (if you order before end of year you should get the 6 disk changer for free according to the dealer) :D

LHD is no biggie in the UK I have run LHD cars for about 5 years now. Nipping past trucks you have to pick your moment but other than that, easy. Car parks can be a bind too. Keep the 'do.

Gavin

I run a LHD Corrado at the moment.. believe me its not a problem.., don't let LHD be the reason you part with your G60.. if you want the Cupra fine.. but don't lose the G60 just cos its a left hooker