Sign in to follow this  
Corrado-VR6

Wheels?

Its time, I'm finally going to get some new wheels for the C but I havn't got a clue about all these PCD's and ET thingys, what is the right setup for the corrado? I've seen some wheels on ebay that say,

front axle 8x17 ET35 pitch diameter: 5x100

rear axle 9x17 ET30 pitch diameter: 5x100

Will these fit or would I need to get some kind of adapter to make them fit? also, how do you calculate what tyres are needed?

thanks in advance, Dan.

They will technically fit, but the 9's on the rear will require some arch work if you want to run it at a sensible ride height and not have it catching the arches.

The PCD is correct for the VR6, 5x100 is what you need and the offsets are OK too.

The tyres you would need for those wheels would be 205/40/17 on the front and 215/40/17 on the rear, or even 215/35/17 if you want better clearance.

Cheers

Jay

Aren't you gonna seriously upset the handling balance by having wider tyres at the rear? More understeer?

Nope, my car is very pointy at the front end. It does upset the balance tho' as the rear is completely unstickable. feels very kart like infact or like you have a boot full of something very heavy and you loose some agility due to the extra grip at the back.