Sign in to follow this  
stevemac

G60 Big Valve Head......mmmmm

I just collected my brand new cylinder head this evening.. 8)

The valves in it are the largest that will possibly fit into a PG head. It's ported, polished & flowed.. :D

Can't wait until I slap it onto my car next week, along with the ported throttle body, fast road cam & adj cam pulley........ :rambo:

Good old ebay. :wink:

It's not running anything at the moment - my engine's stripped on my garage floor.. :(

Along with various other mods that I'm doing, I'll be expecting at least 220bhp - hopefully a bit nearer to 240bhp... 8)

oooh, should be interesting Steve... that's one area I didn't mess with too much on my rebuild, so it'll be very interesting to see what yours is like compared with mine... 8)

Good luck with it anyway... I'd offer my advice and assistance, but I know damned well that you're perfectly capable of sorting it yourself! ;) :lol: 8)

I'm surprised Ian - I would have thought a big valve head would have been close to the top of your shopping list.

I'll give you a call if I get stuck.. :mrgreen:

You gonna have something back on the road for next spring.. :?:

I'm gonna have loads of fun, setting the adjustable cam pulley. I'm gonna start by setting it dead centre & then try retarding/advancing it a bit to see which setting I like best.. :D

Approx (measured with a ruler):

35mm exhaust

40mm inlet

I've looked at the head & bigger valves would not fit - there's no space left..banana.gif

40/36 would fit also. There are even 42/36 heads! My new head is 40.5/36

The valves are already fitted into the head & like I said - I measured them with a ruler.. :roll:

If the valves were any more than 1mm larger - they'd touch each other. :shock:

cheesy, I didn't want to wait for the auction to finish, so I got in touch with the guy & made him "an offer he couldn't refuse"... :lol: :lol:

cheesy, I didn't want to wait for the auction to finish, so I got in touch with the guy & made him "an offer he couldn't refuse"... :lol: :lol:

nice one steve 8)

can't help thinking ....the guy waking up to have a horses head next to him :D :D

Are you Eurospec still about? Many moons ago they did a proper head for the G60. A complete new casting with 50mm exhaust ports (same size as 16V) and some big old valves :lol:

Are you Eurospec still about? Many moons ago they did a proper head for the G60. A complete new casting with 50mm exhaust ports (same size as 16V) and some big old valves :lol:

Ther's a MK1 G60 in cov with a flowed eurospec head and 2.0 bottom end. A while ago it made 230@flywheel at stealth with the std pulley at 7500 rpm since it has had a 72mm toothed pulley fitted. should fly

Lee

Ther's a MK1 G60 in cov with a flowed eurospec head and 2.0 bottom end. A while ago it made 230@flywheel at stealth with the std pulley at 7500 rpm since it has had a 72mm toothed pulley fitted. should fly

Lee

Yep, Jat's motor.. Runs slightly higher compression too and a brand new charger. Propper torque monster as well as a high end screamer.