Sign in to follow this  
jedi-knight83

Well...i did it...i bought a new car!

Be wary of Revo.... there is rumblings on the Cupra R forum of them being sh1te.

I've read similar on of the Seat forums too, but not just about performance - there was alleged engine damage too I think. jedi-knight83, I'd spend a lot of time on the Seat forums if I were you before going for an upgrade.

And make sure the remap is optimised to the fact the engine is turning a 4WD transmission, and not a 2WD. Sure the Haldex isn't the toughest of loads when not actively driving the rear wheels, but soooooo many Cosworth owners blew their engines when putting 2WD chips in 4WD cars......the 2WD chip is too lean at the top end for 4WD use and bang goes a piston.

hmm, its only a 5hr tial... sure that wont damage it?? i wasnt planning on staying with revo to be honest but they offer a free demo and i drive right past it after picking my car up..

..think i should give it a miss??

stick with the old school boys that know what they're doing, like Geoff Everett.

how do i get in touch with Geoff and typically how much are his remaps?

ta

You can try it as it's free to get a flavour of what's possible......but I wouldn't buy one of theirs as their reputation is on a downward slope at the moment. Just read the small print before you sign and if you're not covered in the event of a meltdown because it's a free trial - walk away.

You can get in touch with Geoff through stealth, about £350 to map a VR, not sure about an S3.... depends if the EPROM is hardwired or socketed.

To get hold of Wayne Schofield go here: http://www.chipwizards.co.uk

He did my G60 chip and it was a real brute! :twisted: He had the claim to fame that he had more chips running in the Porsche cup than Porsche did a couple of years ago before they clamped down on the rules! 8) Now that's gotta say something! ;)

From what ive read Revo is optimised to give the most midrange possible, but because of this the turbo heats up to quickly which is why it lacks at the top end.

No good for g60's, but Jabba are supposed to be excellent at chipping all 1.8t's, as well as anywhere that does apr remaps. (Awesome gti, Star P)

Id probably go to stealth then, im pretty sure APR is similar to revo in that it can be done through the diagnostic socket with no extra hardware involved. Theres also some decent security features that can be added like needing to put in a code via the cruise control stalk to start the car and low boost settings for when its in garages an stuff like that.

kevhaywire, you should get commision for the ammount of times you mention stealth.

i like the sound of stealth from everything you (and other stealth customers) have said..but they rarely reply to email and i hate talking on the phone :oops:

kevhaywire, you should get commision for the ammount of times you mention stealth.

i like the sound of stealth from everything you (and other stealth customers) have said..but they rarely reply to email and i hate talking on the phone :oops:

Wow.. i'm glad i'm not the only one. I've always felt uncomfortable phoning people and always try and get out of it with an email. Stealth will reply, but Vince usually asks that you give him a call rather than discuss it all over email.

Vince is a really nice guy though - mention the fact that Kev reccomended you (along with most of the Corrado Forum) and i'm sure you'll get on ok ;)

wow he replied already!! :shock:

Vince said

Hi

We have had no problems with the Revo software, the upgrade will cost £499+vat. This

should give you 260-265 bhp.

Thanks.

Stealth Racing.

I have emailed back and asked about APR anyway

I don't think its Vince answering the emails at the minute - they have a guy in just to take care of bookings, the website, and emails etc apparently! :)

I don't think its Vince answering the emails at the minute - they have a guy in just to take care of bookings, the website, and emails etc apparently! :)

Depends what email address you use and I ain't telling you what it is :wink:

Yes they have a new guy called Sat in to run the mail order and phone side of things. He was big in the MK4 scene a few years ago and was featured in PVW many times with his stunning shaved and 18'd black MK4.

A new website is under construction as we speak and Stealth are branching out into Mail order aswell as their day-to-day stuff.

If you want to ring up and speak to Vince, ask to do so and say you want some technical advice. He's more than happy to help :wink: Otherwise leave the bookings and general info to Sat.

Yep, as Kev says...

I spoke to Vince last week was I was up there and he's getting alot more work done with not having to answer the phone all the time but still gets alot of people just asking for Vince, he doesn't mind at all if its a technical issue but if its just to get a price or book your self in then speak to the other dude.

ha its ok.. direct line charged me extra for my sp30 speeding fine where as adrian flux didnt....but it worked out at £750 in the end.. still not bad for a 21 yr old and an S3!

As a rule, SP30s are overlooked by ins companies as so many people get them - bl@@dy gatsos - so only the strict big players tend to load premiums for such a trivial offense.