Sign in to follow this  
Toby

Lubricating Charger

I have removed the boost recirc pipe for various reasons, but what's the school of thought on lubricating the charger through the intake due to no longer putting oil vapours through it? I have heard that I should maybe squirt some PTFE spray in there ??? Is that a good/bad idea... (where could I get some?)

Cheers

Toby G60

yeah i would give it a spray with a ptfe spray every now and again we use a rocoil product..

This may sound stupid but,

I heard 1.8T's were having problems with their air flow sensors cause people were fitting K&N's and the oil vapour were fu@&ing them up.

Would keeping the filter lubed up help this Providing no one is surely running a foam filter on a G60?

he is on about lubing the seals inside the charger as in having no recirc piework fitted

foam filters are fine on a G60 as long as you have a 'pre filter' bag over it... not that i recommend it or run it myself...

i have a foam filter on mine, and man i gota tell you,i put the car back together and i am speachles,it just pulls and pulls,Blade must have done a good job on that charger and the sound that i get from removing the boost return pipes its just unbeliavable,i also made an intercooler mister system that cools the IC by spraying cold water and i gota tell you it really works well,i was surprised to see how hot the ic can get when charger is runing,as soon as you spray some water it cools down completley and it takes a long while to get warm again,i think its a really efficient tool and by the way i still got the porsche 944 IC to fit :D and it just keeps getting better and better,3.5fpr 272 cam oh boy im loving it :D

so how often do you guys recon it should be sprayed?where can we get this pptfe from?whats the exact name of the make? rgds

miguel

g60

I thought that with the G60 there was a risk of the s/c sucking the guts out of a foam filter and ingesting it? That's why I was advised to stick with cotton ones. Is this not the case?

8vg60, Yeah, i Know. What i meant was would oil in the filter be drawn into the charger to lube it up a bit? Not alot i know, but surely every little helps.

qrugh, Not heard of that one, but i spose its possible. What i heard was it lets too much dust through and makes a paste with the oil vapours inside and eventually jam the charger.

In fact, Jabba Sport invalidate your warranty if you have one! :shock:

i to WOULD never use a foam filter on a glader as they can implode !-goodbye glader :shock:

dubster- where would the oil in the air filter come from then ? i puzzled ??

Darren,

Back to LowG's question. How often, what exactly do you use and where do you get it from please (found rocoil.com - which one ????)

Tell us more about your intercooler mister system lowg... I was thinking about doing something similar on the lines of modifying/adding to the windscreen washer system maybe...

i to WOULD never use a foam filter on a glader as they can implode !-goodbye glader :shock:

im with 8VG60

Foam Filters are not as good as cotton ones for filtering apparently, i'd say 90% of us here with G60s use K&N or green cotten filters of one sort or another, never here of any problems with them. so why temp it with a foam one!!

I think he means the pre-oiled K&N filter types. The ones you clean and re-oil yourseldf.

doubtful that any of that K&N oil would make it into the charger (unless you put it on the inside of the filter)... and if it did, it wouldn't make a lick of difference.