Sign in to follow this  
W3RKD

so who's getting more than 14.5 psi from there glader then ?

I got to 14.5psi and then had to back off as I was on the wrong side of the road with another car coming at me :shock: Its a good job these cars handle so well :D

PS. Darren your up early :shock:

I have seen 18 or 19psi a few times when giving it some really big licks!!! But generally I see 15ish on spirited driving.....

well just to let you guys know that over the maf cant take more than 1 bar 14.5 psi.. so i will let you draw your own conclusions to that one.. :lol:

borrowed this from vortex as an examlple for you guys ...

Keep in mind a honda with can make 300hp with 10psi, so psi is not the be-all end-all means of making power..

Its just an example of how much (lack of) flow you have in a motor.

In theory the less boost you can run with more flow will make everything better, as with boost comes heat.

20psi of hot air versus 10psi of cool air can equal the same mass density of air.

Of course cranking up the boost is the cheap way out, i do it myself, but you can make lots more efficient power with FLOW. The expensive way.

so there you go the more boost you have the worst flow you have got ..

ie a better cam will give you lower boost hence more flow !

apparently the newer SNS chips 'guess' at what the boost is if its over 14.5psi as the build rate is linear.. still haven't got a solid answer from them yet for this one if my chip can handle it or not. sam told me the only way to check to make sure its setup correctly is a dyno run.

still waiting to hear what danny has to say about it.

Just after having my charger rebuilt to a JBS Stage 5 spec, I ran it in and then took it back up and had it boost checked. I got told it was pulling nearly 2bar in third gear :evil: . I've got a 68mm pulley on it? Plus anyone got any ideas how and where's best to fit a boost guage just so I can keep tabs on me G-Lader??

2bar eh? you're making 29psi with a 68mm pulley? lol! :lol:

think they're feedin ya a line of shit man..or you to us.

Just after having my charger rebuilt to a JBS Stage 5 spec, I ran it in and then took it back up and had it boost checked. I got told it was pulling nearly 2bar in third gear :evil: . I've got a 68mm pulley on it? Plus anyone got any ideas how and where's best to fit a boost guage just so I can keep tabs on me G-Lader??

noway could any glader ever produce this amount of boost/cfm i think somones having a laugh here :lol: :lol:

who is JBS do you mean jabbasport ? they dont do a stage 5 do they ? i though they only did an r1 i though the only people doing a stage5 was pd-m cos we didnt want to call it r1 of rs of somthing like that ...

Ok then people must be my mistake :oops: I ment to put 1 bar but my finger slipped and I've only just been able to log back on. JBS are a VW company in Chesterfield and are a top set of blokes. They helped me out with my charger when i couldn't get one from anywhere. I think they're stage 5 is about the same as a uprated Jabba one. It's all gasflowed and internally ported.

Once again I'm saying sorry sheepishly. But atleast you had something to talk about :D

Seen as you've crucified me now for making my mistake. Is there anything on the forum about fitting a boost guage so that I can avoid a possible public linching again by getting a true boost reading :oops:

I've only been a member for a couple of days.

P.S. Once again thanks John at P.D. Motorsport for the bottom radiator hose. The cheque should be with you shortly.

all you need for a boost gauge is some vacume pipe and a T joint,i presume you get these with the gauge. Take out the instrument cluster and you see a boost pipe there that goes to the mfa,cut it fit the T joint use teflon tape to seal any boost leaks and route the piping to where you need to fit he gauge.

Cheers for that. I'll get it sorted asap, to prevent further embarressment.

:D