Sign in to follow this  
Bobronk

No Oil Temperature..?

Try changing the oil temp switch on the oil cooler housing to the left of the distributer, it is the one at the front of the housing that would be the most common fault with no temp reading, if it's not that check the wiring to it as the wiring to it as after 10 years they do go brittle and breakdown

hope that helps

I had this same problem when I first got the car nearly two years ago. A guy on the Yahoo group told me to feel around at the top of the back of the fuse box (under the steering wheel) and try to click a connector back in.

Sure enough, I heard and felt a click and had reseated something. I never had any more problems with it from then on.

Lying on your back with your head right under and a torch will help you see what you're doing but once you know where everything is you should be able to feel for it.

It's worth a go. It has been one of only two free Corrado repairs I've done! The other was cutting an inch off the coolant hose at the back of the engine (VR6) and refitting to sort a leak. I believe this is a common fault and is caused by stress put on the hose by a shoogly engine due to worn mounts. My mounts were indeed very worn, the gearbox one having actually 'burst', but I digress.

Hope this helps you out.

Alan