Sign in to follow this  
davidwort

Which Koni front TA dampers fit a 1990 1.8 16v?

As the title,

Anyone bought top adjustable front dampers for a Corrado and can help me out here?

I've spoken to a retailer and it's not clear which Koni parts fit which year of car???

They seem to be obsessed by a 'dent' in the leg to clear tyre? Is this for the pre 92 mk2 golf style legs as on my 1990 16v or the later mk3 golf style units?

I have a set of identical G60 legs to my 16v ones (off same year G60), VW part numbers are the same but I'm not sure what Koni mean by a 'dent in the leg' doesn't look like that's the ones I've got.

Don't want to order bits that won't fit my bearing caps etc..

thanks,

David.

Speak to Vince at Stealth....he fits them 2 or 3 times a week...... but AFAIK all of the Yellow dampers for A2/A3 platform have a flatspot in the strut just below the spring support.

I think the Koni website cross-references the parts with different age cars

I think I've got it sussed now thanks,

I read the info from the Koni website before, but it's a bit misleading,

the golf 2 G60 uses the same VW part No. struts/shocks as the early G60/16v Corrado (ETKA).

The later 4 cylinder and all VR6 Corrado's don't use the identical VW part as Golf 3's but Koni list the same parts for them (8741-1259Sport).

So from that I've managed to work out that I need an 8641-1198Sport Top adjustable, gas strut from Koni for the pre 92 Corrado/G60 golf!

cheers,

David