Sign in to follow this  
too hot

A Good Week

Yes belive it or not a good week for the C.Bought and fitted Lupo wipers,I can see clearly now the OE has gone. :lol:

Fitted new thermal fuse to the heater resistor,heater now works on all four settings. :)

Changed bulb on heater panel,now I can see how warm I really am,Too Hot--possibly. :lol:

What a week and relatively cheap in realms of Corrado ownership :lol:

Next it`s the drivers heated seat and then it`s the paintwork,then the leather Recaros,BBS wheels,tinted windows. :!:

I`ll just stop now as I`m beginning to get depressed,thought I was doing well for about two minutes the Money Pit continues. :lol: :lol:

Thats what it`s all about eh 8)

Nice one

I have one wiper but wait for the other one,dont come up here and use hawcos they are feckin useless

still waitig 2 months for clips and they have my number too grrrrrrrr :mad: :mad:

it stops your car catching fire when the heater blower motor's bearings go and the resistor pack starts to over-heat... :|

Basically when the resistor pack (which allows the fan to spin slower, so giving you the first 3 speeds) gets too hot, the thermal fuse blows and turns off the resistor pack (permanently!) so it doesn't melt the fan housing and set fire to things... 8)

My mate had some fun with his Audi Cabriolet heater fan this weekend. The rheostat went so only worked on speed 4 (sound familiar??!) but some leaves clogged up his scuttle drain and water got onto the motor and blew it up! Smoke everywhere!

The killer blow was the cost of the replacement fan. £270 (or £200 from Mr Wilbury :lol: ) from Audi and it's the same design as our £50 Corrado ones...only a little larger. Daylight robbery!

So keep your scuttle drainage areas clear of cr@p folks.....

Yes belive it or not a good week for the C.Bought and fitted Lupo wipers,I can see clearly now the OE has gone. :lol:

Fitted new thermal fuse to the heater resistor,heater now works on all four settings. :)

)

Hmm,

similar problem with mine, Fitted new thermal fuse today and the heater worked ok outside of the heater box. But once fitted it goes back to its old routine of working for 5 mins then nothing. just some noise.

I suspect the bearings are on their way out as the fan seems resistent to hand spinning. So this could be why it works for a while then nowt.

Is there a guide anywhere on changing the bearings on the motor? Ive searched but am pulling blanks.

If you decide to just cough up for a new one, they're about £57 from Euro Car Parts.....

85p for the fuse, Bought 2 today just incase I fudged the first.

Cool Ill get a blower from the dealers then.

I would still be interested to know if anyone has reconditioned teh blower motor with new brushes and bearings.

Yeah best to buy a few, I bought 5 I think - tip is to use some large pliers as a heatsink while soldering...

Motor is 192959101 £55 + vat retail but you should be able to get for £45 ish with discount

Really need to get round to sorting my heater out, works on number 4 like you say.

Annoys me cos its the only thing that is wrong with the car

I replaced the solid brass bearings in mine with radio controlled car ball race bearings, I just used some polymorph to make a new housing for the bearings, the fan motor is now silent and carries on spinning for ages when you turn it off, hotpoint washing machine motor brushes also fit with a little bit of fettling.

I replaced the solid brass bearings in mine with radio controlled car ball race bearings, I just used some polymorph to make a new housing for the bearings, the fan motor is now silent and carries on spinning for ages when you turn it off, hotpoint washing machine motor brushes also fit with a little bit of fettling.

Ive seen your car, everything you have fabricated looks OEM.

I know I just dont have the skills to polymorph, or fettle. It will just end up looking like a 3 year old has abandoned some play-doh on the car.

If it aint simple, I just know I will end up spending the money on a new fan.