Sign in to follow this  
dubweiser

coolant change.....2litre 16v

you may find that you need a new expansion tank too... DON'T buy the ones from Euro or GSF as they are shockingly bad quality... :|

If my memory serves me correctly, the mk2 Golf has the same expansion chamber - Anyone agree?

BTW the fan on constantly made f@$k all difference :mad: so the main problem seems to be the expansion chamber and/or blockage somewhere, will it never end i ask? :cry:

Hmm feel a bit of a muppet but i have finally found the source of my anguish. Whilst all pipes are extremely hot after 20 mins running - the pipe joining the bottom of the rad is stone cold - can anyone say thermostat :oops: ?

Am i right in thinking that it is stuck closed and not allowing water to complete its circuit? Biggest annoyance? GSF is shut! :mad:

Well any advice on accessing/replacing this will be well received as i need to drive 100 miles or so to wiltshire on xmas eve and will not be best pleased if i'm stopping for half an hour every 20 - or worse - on the train!