Sign in to follow this  
goodridge

Speeding Question

Hi Guys, got a question for any of you who have been unfortunate enough to get caught by a static Gatso camera. Some one I know recently got flashed by one, she was doing 60 in a 40, in a section of roadworks on the dual carriage way. She has been sent a letter confirming this and that she needs to sign it and send it back. Havin just tried the not-signing trick, another letter has been sent sayin she must sign and send back again. My question is, is there anyway around this or does she just need to bite the bullet and take whats coming? Thanks

Yeah, if you don't sign it, they'll have to take you to court. And then you pay court costs too, even if they give you the minimum 3 points/£60 fine, unless you have a VERY good reason for not signing it...

Yeah, if you don't sign it, they'll have to take you to court. And then you pay court costs too, even if they give you the minimum 3 points/£60 fine, unless you have a VERY good reason for not signing it...

too much grief for jus 3 points and £60 fine tbh

IIRC It is deemed an offence in the eyes of the law not to disclose who was driving. There were many rumours and some true ways of getting round disclosing who it was and therefore avoid prosecution, however these loopholes have been proved time and time over that it just doesn't work. Often those who try end up with larger fines and more points. If I was them just bite the bullet and sign it.

I have just been prosecuted for 103.5mph on the motorway, I bit the bullet, appeared in court with my solicitor and he grovelled alot for me and told them how nice I really am and got away lucky with 6 points and £290 fine. my collegue in the office got caught doing 41mph in a 30 didn't respond to the letter and got a summons. He got 4 point and £150 fine as opposed to the 3 points and £60 fine if he took the fixed penalty.

You know what the moral of the story is, just accept the fixed penalty