Sign in to follow this  
rmn

g60 over fueling

a mate has a g60, its got a jabba r1 charger, 68mm pelley and chip, cam, big valve head.

Its running standard injectors

he has a serious over fueling issue, its drinking it!

he has an air fuel guage in it and its reading lean all the time

When he disconnects the blue temp sensor it seems to run a bit better, that is the ecu in limp mode right?

I am thinking it has a dodgy lamda probe since it runnes better when its up the revs and using more fuel

but its is putting out about 220 bhp, what is the upper limit on standard injectors?

What i have thought is that either the injectors are stuck open or the lamda

any input greatly helped

thanks

It's reading lean and using excessive fuel? Bit weird!

What's excessive?

Yeah, most people report that excessive fuel consumption can be fixed with new lambdas.

Bearing in mind that excessive fuelling is normally due to a dead lambda, and that your A/F gauge reads FROM your lambda. I'd say that your lambda probe is dead and telling the ECU (and your A/F gauge) that the engine is permanently lean causing your overfuelling... :roll: 8)

Henny, thats what i was thinking, just wanted to run it by G60 people!

Yeah it is indicating a lean running car and in fact running mad rich!

am i right in thinking that if the lamda loom is unpluged the ecu will default to a basic value?

this should improve the car right?

yup, but it'll probably run exactly as it is doing now... (it's already running on the limp home setting... ;) )

Taping up the full throttle switch should cause the ECU to ignore the Lambda probe. I can't comment on how well the engine will run. It may not tickover too good due to the conflict with the switches. Before SNS stage 5 chips this was a way of getting rid of digilag.

Gavin

No worries, I too suspect the probe over anything else. You can swap the connections on the blue and black temp senders and see if that makes a difference. The probe may have a broken wire but continual running with an over fuel situation probably won't do it the world of good. :cry:

Gavin

yeah we changed the blue temp snesor yeterday, i rekon its the probe loom, so i will get him to make up a new loom with a new probe.

the only worry i had was that it might be injectors sticking, but i since heard that the problem only really materialises once the car gets up to temp, its like a choke being stuck on.

i mailed on your post to him, he is out working on the car on his lunch break now :lol:

Bearing in mind that excessive fuelling is normally due to a dead lambda, and that your A/F gauge reads FROM your lambda.

Ah, of course, I had stupidly assuming that your A/F meter was working from a completely independant data source. Though how that would be, I don't know...?! :)

This sounds very much like my problem on my passat G60. What is the lambda probe and where is it? Price?

Cheers