Sign in to follow this  
m1cah

ECU Reset switch

Anyone know where I can find something called the enursa switch on a c vr6 on the M, apparently cuts off your ECU or is used to reset it.

There's no power going through to injectors suspected ECU fault following a helpfull AA bloke who bridged my ECU relay, fix one problem but now suspect he's screwed my ECU.

Will try that but have been told all cars have this switch hidden somewhere and it normally kicks in following a bang (although I've nothad a bang) will try this anyways

There is a fuel cut-off that might be triggered in an accident, but there's no ECU reset switch (that I'm aware of).

Not sure where the fuel cut-off is though, I think it's around the rear end of the car, near the fuel filter?

anyone got any ideas where this 'fuel cut off' is located, have spoken with VW who are telling me they don't have one and its part of the ECU but this one of the guys in the parts dept an he did seem that he knew much.

I've also been talkin to the one of the guys at vdubs and they reackon that the later models do have them but wasn't sure where at.

With mine being one of the later models I need to check this before replacing ECU

I have been around dubs for well over ten years and I have never heard of a Corrado/MK2/MK3 with an 'inertia switch' fitted.

The fuel is cut off by the fuel pump relay, the feed for this is only present when the engine is rotating. If the engine stalls then the fuel pump stops running.

There is likely to be an ECU relay, which if duff will stop the ECU completely. It could be that the output stage for the injectors in the ECU has blown.?

There are other things like the crank position sensor which will stop the injectors firing. Do you get any sparks? That would tell you if the ECU is OKish.

Gavin

there is not a inertia switch on your car

pins 2,3,4,24,25,26 are the switcing wires from the ecu for the injectors (12v at rest ign on switching earth under cranking .3-1.5v ac, if you got a good meter if not get a noid light tester from lucas or draper, or a led to plug into the injecter plug, and when cranking the led will flash if its switching)

pin 23 is the 12vfor the injectors

main relay supplies the voltage

pin 28,54,38 = 12v

pins 1,7,55,56 = earth

12v= battery voltage with a tolerence of .5v drop

hope this helps