Sign in to follow this  
vwcvr6

Centrol Locking Urgent!!

Hi guys, :)

Am a new member, own a Corrado VR6 just bought it 3 weeks ago.

I just noticed today my central locking was giving some probs :( , i couldnt use my remote or key to central lock the car. so i managed to locate the pump and pulled the pipe off and put it bk on. it started working but it keeps unlocking the car at random intervals.

when i set the alarm the c/l works but unlocks itself but the alarm is switched on,

has any1 had this prob and how did they get it fixed. :mad:

i have done a search on the forum on my prob but no luck!!

thanks in advance :?

i think by the sounds of it your C/L is just needing re-synchronised..............do a search on the forum as there has been threads about how-to re-synchronise the C/L

i think by the sounds of it your C/L is just needing re-synchronised..............do a search on the forum as there has been threads about how-to re-synchronise the C/L

Thxs vr6storm :)

Did a search on the Forum but no luck :mad:

I thought i fixed it last 9t but it was unlocked again in the morning now i cant even lock it with the key it just unlocks itself immediately !!

How do i disconnect the pump!!

so i can manually lock the doors, problem would be locking the Petrol tank cover! :(

you can lock the petrol tank cover from inside the boot i think just push the catch over on the lock

Thxs Got that sorted but how do i disconnect the pump for now

If i remove the pipe it keeps working 24/7 and i cant lock the car cos it keeps unlocking it! Help!!!!! :mad:

Take the electrical connection off it. Then lock the doors and boot with the key. If it runs on and on then you probably have a lek in the pipework somewhere.

I think the pump is in the right hand side panel of the boot.

Gavin

When I first bought my Corrado it used to unlock itself overnight - not ideal in the middle of a scummy part of Peterborough. I had read somewhere that sticky deadlocks sometimes cause the central locking to unlock itself - and as the car had been sitting for a while before I bought it this seemed reasonable - so I planned to give 'em a clean. Before I got round to it the problem went away though and it's been fine for a year.

Is there any safety feature or any reason thats makes the car to unlock, :mad:

i guess i will have to disconnect the pump b4 the sun goes down :(

or it will be working all night!!!!!!!!!

Thxs for the replies guys!!

:( Is there anyway the locks keep opening cos the batteries are faulty or nearly flat as a safety feature!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I just disconnected the pump instead of the fuse so i can use the windows!!

my mate who has a corrado says the battery is flat or one of the cells faulty an this causes it to unlock as a feature!! i hope thats the case, i also noticed that my clock had been reset.

will get the battery tested an replaced if needed!!

will keep url posted thxs for the replies :)

Nope. When my battery goes flat (once per year, when I go on holiday for more than 5 minutes!), the locks stay closed.

If the clock has been reset, however, yeah your battery died for some reason.

Hi guys just got the Central locking fixed :D

it was the boot switch which was faulty and made the central locking to jam :mrgreen:

Got A full service done at the same time and also got few minor problems to be sorted cost me £450 :shock:

How much does a service roughly cost

the guy i bought the car said it had a service done around 2000 miles ago,open the boot to find all of the spark plugs were loose and black. oil hadnt been changed and no antifreeze at all!! :cry:

:mad:

I can feel such a big difference now, The car feels much better now :D

hmmmm c/l locking came bk to haunt me again!!!!

the damn ting keeps unlocking itself, my mate said it definetly the battery, so went down to maplins an got me a battery tester,

left the lights turned on for a while an the car didnt even start up, tested the battery an it was 5v!!!!!!

bought a new battery and hey the CENTRAL LOCKING IS FIXED!!!!

when i gave it for a service previously when i had the prob the battery was charged so the central locking got fixed i guess!!! weird :oops:

also check that the lock pulls on the doors aren't screwed down to far. When the car is locked, they should sit slightly proud of the collar they go through the door card in. If they don't, and sit too flush, then they can cause the locks to think that someone's pulling on them and unlock the car... :|