Sign in to follow this  
Blue_Joe

Ooooohhh - I'm soo relieved!!

Just had my gearbox rebuilt after the second time 2nd gear synchro dissintigrated.

This time I went the whole hog, found a doner VR6 box in which the gears were like brand new to have 1st and 2nd gears out of and then a total rebuild. Got it back last week and had it fitted. It cost me a small fortune. Then got the heart-wrenching phonecall. "Sam - you've got a major problem!!!!!"

It went into all the gears but in first there was no drive and a horrendous whining noise. The car went back to the people who did the gearbox, who assured me that they didn't understand why as was one of the best boxes they had done but they would sort it as covered in the warranty.

Got the phone call today - the selector wasn't seated quite right or something - they were a bit embarrassed but all fixed without having to drain all the MT90 oil I had put in etc.

Going to pick it up soon and can't wait to drive it home as haven't touched it with the new box on yet! Can't wait!

It's always nice to feel a fresh box :lol:

even better to give it a bit of a stir :D