Sign in to follow this  
M777CUSGTI

The Corrado Club UK...

ok, so I've now got hold of a membership form (hurray!) and filled it all in ready to send off... 8)

Can I just confirm that it IS still £15 to join if you've not been a member before/for a while, as the site is 2 years out of date everywhere else and I don't want to loose another cheque in the post...?

Personality clashes and grudges, of which 90% of us know nothing of their origins - please cast them aside. 8) After all, we are all united in our enthusiasm for Volkswagen's Corrado and that should take precedence over everything else.

Oh, how I wish people could... ;)

Just a point of interest,

G60JET - ALL issues of The Sprinter that were sent out by myself had a return address on them. That is possibly not true of other correspondence from CCGB.

RW1 Are you on the CCGB committee, and if so are your comments coming from an official standpoint, or a personal standpoint?

As others have said, would people PLEASE bear in mind that all positions on the CCGB committee are voluntary, and unpaid.

CCGB Committee Positions are "elected" at AGMs, but it would appear that the committee structure is at the will of the committee, posts can be deleted at the whim of the committee WITHOUT membership consultation.

Sorry Jeremy, like i said i dont recall, but if that was the case i stand corrected.

I would add to the last point you raised the committee has no right to disband positions within a club or to add to the committee without a member vote. The committee structure CANNOT be at the will of the committee otherwise people could be brought in over the potential wishes of the members. The club SHOULD have clearly diffined rules to is constitution and how the committee is formed. if it doesn't then the committee is a rule to itself. this applies to any club or business.

On a positive note, if the club does not have a mandate as such i will be happy to share my knowledge of such clubs structures so the CCGB committee can stand firm. (this info could be used form the club to come up with its own rules policy regarding the committee. If such a thing already exists then i'll shut up now.

This would need to be proposed by a member and seconded by another member to then be voted on to become set in stone within the club.

Having never been able to attend a CCGB agm until now i cant really comment on the meetings structure.

I believe there should be a CCGB constitution somewhere that defines all of this... (appointing and dissolution of posts, election etc..)

Having never been able to attend a CCGB agm until now i cant really comment on the meetings structure.

... so why did you then?

i havent commented on a meeting just the post meeting lack of info and responding to others comments, and club in general

Couple of points to wrap this thread up before the AGM.

1. Committee posts are decided by the club as a whole but extenuating circumstances, which will be explained in full at the AGM, have meant that certain positions/individuals have had to be removed in the interim.

2. The club has a defined policy. This was available at the last AGM.

3. The club has acknowledged that there have been problems with the website and electronic communication but, the postal address has not changed for a number of year and is stated in every sprinter. If any member has serious concerns my I suggest they are formalised in to a letter to the Chairman.

4. I think we have covered everything in the last 11 pages and therefore I would respectfully request we close this thread until the AGM.

Regards Jamie.

Yep.. fair enough Jamie. Clunk click for now then.

I really should get my renewal letter off so I can find out how the AGM went!